April 2011 Moms
Options

Old Navy Coat Question

So, I really want to order an Old Navy coat, but I'm worried about them not being warm enough for Minnesota winters.  I  know a few of you were worried about it too, but has anyone actually received the jackets or tried them on to see how thick they are?

I really want a wool jacket, but I noticed that they were only 38% wool.  I'm unsure whether or not they will be warm enough.

Re: Old Navy Coat Question

• Options
    I have the blue maternity coat from ON and it is thin but large enough for me to put layers on underneath. I wouldn't go out and spend hrs in the snow in it though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm north of Detroit in Michigan, and I got the great big puffy one.  A friend of mine had the same one last winter, and she LOVED it.  It's actually thicker than I thought it would be.

I've found that wool jackets are never really that warm, even if you get really nice ones.  By about February, I always end up wearing my North Face coat all the time anyway. 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I opted out on the ON coats because I live in the Syracuse NY area and according to the news we are the worst place to live in winter.  We also live up in the hills and its colder here then in Syracuse.

If you want it for casual wear why not, but if your going to be out in it I would get something else.  i ended up getting a Cloumbiew shell and fleece in 2 sizes bigger then I normally wear and my mom left me her NorthFace shell when she moved to Florida.  just keeping fingers crossed it last the whole winter season.

Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageGHBEA:

I opted out on the ON coats because I live in the Syracuse NY area and according to the news we are the worst place to live in winter.  We also live up in the hills and its colder here then in Syracuse.

If you want it for casual wear why not, but if your going to be out in it I would get something else.  i ended up getting a Cloumbiew shell and fleece in 2 sizes bigger then I normally wear and my mom left me her NorthFace shell when she moved to Florida.  just keeping fingers crossed it last the whole winter season.

This, too.  I should have said that I hate winter, so I'm not planning to be outside hiking or anything.  I think the ON coat will be great for going from the car to work...that sort of thing.  If you plan on spending a bunch of time outside, though, you might want something warmer.

Although, the coat I got was only like $30, so I figured, "why not?" 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

imageimage
  • Options
    Thank you all!!  Maybe I'll try to get the puffy jacket or keep checking around!
  • Options
    I have a wool ON coat and it was plenty warm for me the winter I was pg with DD. I am always hot when I am pregnant and that made a big difference.
    Expecting our 3rd little girl this New Year's!

• Options
    I ordered a puffy one and a "wool" one. I don't think that either will beat my Northface in a Chicago winter, but at least they'll fit me and I'll be able to layer under them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I ordered a non-maternity wool coat a size up and it is cute, but definitely the thinnest of all the wool coats between DH and I - definitely room to layer, though
  • Options

I live in Chicago and just bought the ON  puffy coat - I think it seems like it will be pretty warm and has plenty of room for layering.  During my first pregnancy, I ended up borrowing my husband's Northface for those days when the temp. dipped below zero, so I will probably do that this time.  I also found a really warm, nice puffy coat at Pea in the Pod, but I couldn't justify a $169 maternity coat..... 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"