Trying to Get Pregnant

Internet Cheapies? Is it worth the $?

I usually just wait until AF shows up. This last cycle I got a little out of control and started POAS early... and wasted three FRERs. Dont want to keep that habit up!

Is it worth it to buy the ICs? So often I see people say that they got a - or a + on the IC but that they should run out and buy something more reliable. So if that is in the back of your mind, do you really even believe the results from the IC?

TIA

Re: Internet Cheapies? Is it worth the $?

• My life would not be complete without ICs.
  • imageiluvmylab:
    My life would not be complete without ICs.

You are cracking me up tonight.

• Loading the player...
  • imageiluvmylab:

This! Then you only have to spend money on one FRER to confirm.  

imageimage

Dx: DH - Azoo, Me - Mild PCOS
    DH - sperm found! Seems to produce only for a few days every 70 days!
    Over 1 million in cryo in 15 vials over 6 samples
    IVF #1 - 1 beautiful expanded blast transferred, 4 snowbabies - beta #1 11/30/11 = BFFN
    FET #1, transfered 2 embies 2/16/12 = BFFN; 1 snowbaby left in cryo
    IVF #2 + CGH = 4 genetically normal embies on ice. FET September 26th
    SAIF/PAIF always welcome

a special GL and prayers to my IF sister Gregermis

check out my blog!

• Just depends on your personality.  If you start "getting the itch" around 10 or 11dpo and don't mind seeing a -, then IC's will satisfy your urge to pee on something that cost you $.25, not $10.
    July 20th, 2012: Never forget the day the fb douchebags tried so hard, but ultimately failed. Viva la October 2011! Yeah, I called you douchebags.

BFP 1/18/11, EDD 10/1/11. Born at 37w5d on 9/15/11. AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***BFP Chart***

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

• I'd rather pee on 10 IC and get BFNs then 10 FRER and get BFNs.

So use the ICs (for BFN/BFP) and then use ONE FRER to confirm when you get a BFP

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • They're totally worth it. Using the ICs and then later confirming them with the digitals (FRERs, etc) saves you a lot more money than only using the digitals every time.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I rely on ic's.  It is not that they are not accurate; it is that the results can be light so that you are nervous to trust them.  The digital confirmation is about seeing something say "pregnant" and not having to worry that you are seeing the second line because you wish it were there.

early preg tests .com will have the 10 mui yada yada tests available on Wednesday.  They are more sensitive than the current 20-25 mui yada tests that are advertised as "early result" tests. 

• I think it depends on if you are an early POASer. I currently do not test any earlier than 14dpo (haven't made it to that yet). So I could potentially have a pack of FRERs for 3 cycles.

If you know you want to start testing early, I would def get some IC

~Declare it..Claim it..It will be!!~

5/9/09
    Lilypie - Personal picture 

Here We Go Again!!

• I can rarely fight the urge to POAS so I love the ic.  I feel a lot less guilty about doing it.  And if you have a stock pile of ic DH is less likely to realize how many you're using.

When we first started TTC I didn't know about ic and DH was always asking why i needed to take so many tests. :) 

BabyName Ticker
  • imageBostonGayGal:
    20-25 mui yada

LOL! Hi BGG :) Nice to see you! 

• imagesulfababy:

imageBostonGayGal:
    20-25 mui yada

LOL! Hi BGG :) Nice to see you! 

Always good to see you Sulfa!  How goes it? 

• imageBostonGayGal:

I rely on ic's.  It is not that they are not accurate; it is that the results can be light so that you are nervous to trust them.  The digital confirmation is about seeing something say "pregnant" and not having to worry that you are seeing the second line because you wish it were there.

early preg tests .com will have the 10 mui yada yada tests available on Wednesday.  They are more sensitive than the current 20-25 mui yada tests that are advertised as "early result" tests. 

Aha, that is helpful info. Thanks!

I think I'll satisfy my retail therapy disorder with some ICs tonight!

• imageiluvmylab:
    '

seriously. I have only ever used them, and before TTC, I used dollar tree.

although, because they are SO cheap, I pee like I am a dog in someone's yard - all over them! I need to stop and only test when AF is really past due.

b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• Just ordered mine! YAY! So excited for the freedom of POAS whenever!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I got my first two positives on cheapies, at 12 DPO.  I tested neg at 9 and 10 DPO.  

When we first started TTC, I bought a 50 (yes... 50) pack off ebay for nine dollars.  I could test whenever I wanted, and I didn't feel bad about 'wasting' them.  I absolutely could not have tested as often using FRER's.  I did also take a FRER when I got my BFP, because its so much nicer looking than the cheapie sticks.  But, definitely worth it, in my opinion.  Good luck! 

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"