Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Holistic Moms Network?

Hi. I've lurked here a little before, but never posted. I just wondered if anyone here belongs to the HMN? It seems kind of expensive to join, but my acupuncturist recommended it.

I'm also afraid of not being "holistic" enough, since I still drink mountain dew from time to time and I'm not a vegetarian. I'm interested in meeting moms in the area who make their own baby food, babywear and cloth diaper, but I don't want to be lectured either.

IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

Re: Holistic Moms Network?

• Options

I'm in it, and it's awesome.  In fact, we have a family membership.  (Our monthly meeting tomorrow night is on acupuncture, lol!)

Until I joined, meeting like-minded moms was terribly hit-or-miss.  And you'll still encounter a pretty diverse range of people.  (I love meat, I think chiropractors' claims are ridiculous, etc.)

You might try a meeting first and then plunk the money down.  My chapter allows one free meeting, but until you formally join, you don't get access to playgroups, etc.  

You could also try going to a LLL meeting, a babywearing meeting, etc.  You'll eventually find your tribe! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm a member, and like the PP, I found like-minded moms who didn't look at me like I had two heads when I said I wanted a med-free birth or was planning to cloth diaper.  Since then, I've learned a lot about more holistic and "green" ways.  In our chapter, we say that everyone is at different points on their path and that there is no minimum requirement for how "holistic" you are to be a member.  Only you can determine if you qualify as a "holistic mom". :)  DH likes it too, because even though the organization is called the "Holistic Moms Network", there are a lot of like-minded dads who attend meetings and events too.  It's one of the few moms groups he feels comfortable attending activities for.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageFun2Dream:
    I'm a member, and like the PP, I found like-minded moms who didn't look at me like I had two heads when I said I wanted a med-free birth or was planning to cloth diaper.  Since then, I've learned a lot about more holistic and "green" ways.  In our chapter, we say that everyone is at different points on their path and that there is no minimum requirement for how "holistic" you are to be a member.  Only you can determine if you qualify as a "holistic mom". :)  DH likes it too, because even though the organization is called the "Holistic Moms Network", there are a lot of like-minded dads who attend meetings and events too.  It's one of the few moms groups he feels comfortable attending activities for.

Don't mean to go off topic, but I LOVE your costume, LOL.

But back on topic.  I never even knew anything like this existed.  Is there a website I can check out to see if there is one local?

• Options
    So I just googled this group and what do you know, my county chapter meets at MY TOWN'S public library!!  Talk about ironic!  THey meet the first tuesday of each month but unfortunately that is DH's Bday. :(
  • Options
    imagequeenie521:

imageFun2Dream:

Don't mean to go off topic, but I LOVE your costume, LOL.

But back on topic.  I never even knew anything like this existed.  Is there a website I can check out to see if there is one local?

If you can't make it this month, go next month!  You can try out a meeting for free before joining, so maybe you'll love it and want to join! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"