Baby Names
Options

Finley Blake

We decided on a name a a week or so ago and I'd love to get some feedback since we're not sharing his name IRL until after he's born.  I posted his name on this board last week and got a few opinions, but I'd love to hear from others too!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Finley Blake

• Options
    I love the NN Fin/Finn.  My only reservation (hope  you were asking opinions) is that Ive known a few girl Finley's born recently.  If you're cool with a unisex name, go for it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I agree with PP.  It is a nice name, but it is very unisex.  The only baby Finley I know is a girl.  And Blake can go both ways these days too (Blake Lively).  But if that doesn't bother you go for it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

As I said before just because it is trendy now to use it for girls does not make it a unisex name. It is traditionally a boys name, and only a boys name in the countries it originated in.

If you love it, and he will go by Finn anyway, use it!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Love Finn for a boy...Finley screams girl...I would be shocked to find out the Finley in my class was a boy.  I know traditionally it should be a boy name, but the reality is girls have taken over Finley.

Even by the title of this post I thought it was a girl name question.  I dont mean to sound negative, but I would just name him Finn or a different Finn long name variation.  GL!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Agree with most of the PPs.  Sounds too effeminate for a boy.  Maybe, if you really love Finley, try pairing it with a stronger, more masculine MN?
  • Options

Not lovin it
  • Options
    I like Finn.  I really don't like Blake. I just think Blake is ugly on a boy or a girl. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I don't really like it.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options
    dislike.
  • Options
    I don't like it.
  • Options
    I like Finn, but Finley definitely sounds more feminine these days. If you go with it, I'd go with a stronger definitely male middle name.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Options
    No I think using 2 unisex names for a boy is just not masculine enough. Sorry.
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • Options

imagesunnyday016:
    I like Finn, but Finley definitely sounds more feminine these days. If you go with it, I'd go with a stronger definitely male middle name.

Yep.  Finley may have been a boys name, but I completely associate it with girls now.  Finn sounds like a better choice (but then change the MN, too).

Due with DS2 on March 15, 2013! PLEASE vote on my BabyNames.com list! http://www.babynames.com/namelist/9692263
  • Options
    I clicked on this wondering if it was for a boy or a girl.  Blake is also becoming popular for girls it seems. I would say pair Finley with a very masculine middle name, or go with Finnegan/Finnian.  Love the nickname Finn tho.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"