2nd Trimester

NBR: Trick or Treating

Does your town/city have official trick or treat hours (i.e. 6-8)? We've moved around a lot (military) and this is the first place we've lived in a long time that doesn't mandate it. 

Also, if a house has it's front porch light out, do you take that to mean that they are not participating?  DD goes to be at 7 and I don't plan on handing out candy past then since the dogs will go wonky every time someone comes to the door and keep her up.  It seems most places follow the light on/light off rule, but last year we were all really sick, had all the lights off (in and out) and people still banged on the door. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: NBR: Trick or Treating

• I think most people around here follow the lights on/off rule...to ensure no one rang our doorbell last  year (ds was sleeping in the room right by the front door), we put a bowl of candy out with a sign that said "eeyore is sleeping...please don't ring the bell.  Help yourself to 1-2 pieces of candy."  (there was a picture of ds dressed as eeyore on the note). 

We do have a set time-6-8 here.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If the front porch light is out we skip that house. Just to be sure you may want to put a "No candy, baby sleeping" (or something to that effect) sign on the front door. Or you could put a bowl of candy on the front porch, it will most likely be gone within the first few people who come by, but an empty bowl and no light on should send the message.
    252855_10150214241312114_262494087113_7012916_3895481_n-2Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker Siggy check.
  • Loading the player...
  • My new town (we just moved) has set hours (5-7 tonight!).  Other places I've lived it's just customary to have trick-or-treaters throughout the evening on Halloween.
    Pregnancy Ticker 
    DS - 2 years old
  • 6-8 and no light, don't knock.  But people still do knock once the light is off, and we've had teenage tricker treaters as late as 10 pm in my parents neighborhood.  Kind of glad to be living in an apartment right now!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • No hours here! It's an all night thing really. We have Harrison Blvd. and EVERYONE on the block (which is HUGE) goes ALL OUT for Halloween... Completely crazy and I know they are out giving candy most of the night.

If you someone doesn't have a light on though, don't knock. I know here's it's the law that sex offenders have to keep their porch lights out so for that reason and just because some people don't want to participate, aren't home, or are sleeping, they may leave their light off.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• No set hours here. We only go if the porch light is on.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"