Multiples

bathing baby

Now that the umbilical cords have fallen off i gave my babies a tub bath 2 days ago. Do you give your babies a bath every night? If not how often? I read every 3rd day but some people say every night.

Thanks!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: bathing baby

• We do every other night... unless there's a diaper blowout that requires it be done sooner.  And if we do have to give a post-blowout bath, they both get one.  IMO, it's easier to keep them on the same schedule.

PhotobucketPhotobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP #2 - 12/9/09 After being on bedrest for 10 weeks due to TTTS and hospital bedrest for 4 weeks due to PPROM, my sticky babies are here! Born at 32 weeks!!
  • We do every 3rd day unless one gets dirty.  At their age, that basically means that someone had a diaper blow out - ick.  

• Loading the player...
  • We do every other day- but they're starting to love it so much we might do every day now... I wouldn't worry about it!
  • I bathe them every morning.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We do them nightly as part of their bedtime routine. They love it! We've been doing nightly baths since they were about 2 months old. I tried skipping their baths Friday night... DD did ok. It took us 3 hours to get DS to sleep... (it actually involved fake-bathing him in a tub of warm water...LOL)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • we do every 3 nights usually... if it's summer and they get really sweaty/stinky- it's more... etc.

their skin gets dry if we do it more - and frankly- we don't have time to do it every night ... and I don't think it's necessary at all to bathe every day... and again, if they stink or have been having blowouts or something- then we give a bath... but otherwise- we're happy with our every 3 night pattern :) lol

• imageGoldie_Locks_5:

we do every 3 nights usually... if it's summer and they get really sweaty/stinky- it's more... etc.

their skin gets dry if we do it more - and frankly- we don't have time to do it every night ... and I don't think it's necessary at all to bathe every day... and again, if they stink or have been having blowouts or something- then we give a bath... but otherwise- we're happy with our every 3 night pattern :) lol

This.  so.... I would do it Monday night... then Thursday night... etc.  My LO Kate is IUGR, and she is tiny.... the baths give her cold stress no matter how quick I am, etc.  just following what the Pedi and their neonatologist recommended at their preemie clinic. 

Blow outs... automatic bath for both of them.  If I just gave them a full bath before the blowout, then they get what I call a 'butt bath'.... waist down gets washed under the running water. 

TTC for 12 years. m/c 2009. BFP on New Year's 2010. Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • ...forgot to add:

I learned the hard way, but I recommend bathing them after they eat, or you may have this -------> Sleep

TTC for 12 years. m/c 2009. BFP on New Year's 2010. Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We did every 3rd night when they were that little.  At about 6 months,  In the spring/summer, we moved to every other night and that is what we do now.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    2 chem preg, 4 failed IUIs, 2 canc IVFs, 2 BFN IVFs, IVF #5 = BFP!!!
    3/23 Beta #1 @ 17dpo = 913, Beta #2 @ 19dpo = 1724, Beta #3 @ 21 dpo = 3240
    First u/s 3/29 @ 5 weeks 2 days - 3 sacs 6 weeks 3 days - 3 heartbeats 8 Weeks - Lost Baby C, Babies A and B going strong
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Right now we do baths every 3rd night....but they seem to be enjoying it now and it seems to help them sleep better so we may go to every other night.
    BFP July 09 - m/c Aug 09
    BFP Nov 09 - c/p Dec 09
    BFP Dec 09 - A&J born in August 2010 at 37w, 6d
    BFP Sept 11 - ectopic pregnancy/left tube removed
    BFP April 12 - E born December 2012 at 39w, 1d

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageLeigh71:
    My LO Kate is IUGR, and she is tiny.... the baths give her cold stress no matter how quick I am, etc. 
    Have you ever tried swaddle baths?

They did these in the NICU since little babies do get pretty stressed out.  We did them until they outgrew the blanket around a month or so.  Worked great for us.

But to answer the original poster, we do baths every night and have since about 2 months.  It's part of their night time routine.  We only use soap every 3 days, but they love being in the warm water.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"