Trying to Get Pregnant

flaxseed / flaxseed oil

I remember seeing a post a few weeks ago about flaxseed and pregnancy.  Not seeing too much info on Google about it.  Anyone include this in their diets for conception?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: flaxseed / flaxseed oil

• I know I've heard it referenced to digestive heath and they sell it in organic food stores. Anything that makes you healthier will help you for TTC. 

GL 

• I dont see anything specific about it impacting women's fertility. I found more info relating to male fertility.

ETA: I stand corrected. Found these interesting facts.

In addition to lessening a woman's risk of developing cancer, the lignans abundant in flaxseed can promote normal ovulation and extend the second, progesterone-dominant half of the cycle. The benefits of these effects are manifold. For women trying to become pregnant, consistent ovulation significantly improves their chances of conception. For women between the ages of 35 and 55 who are experiencing peri-menopausal symptoms such as irregular menstrual cycles, breast cysts, headaches, sleep difficulties, fluid retention, anxiety, irritability, mood swings, weight gain, lowered sex drive, brain fog, fibroid tumors, and heavy bleeding, a probable cause of all these problems is estrogen dominance. Typically, during the 10 years preceding the cessation of periods at midlife, estrogen levels fluctuate while progesterone levels steadily decline. Flaxseed, by promoting normal ovulation and lengthening the second half of the menstrual cycle, in which progesterone is the dominant hormone, helps restore hormonal balance.

Reference: https://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=81

• Loading the player...
  • I really have only heard of flaxseed in regards to male prostate health and cardiovascular health. But like viloiakaclb said, anything healthy could help.
  • imagelucyspeople:

I dont see anything specific about it impacting women's fertility. I found more info relating to male fertility.

ETA: I stand corrected. Found these interesting facts.

In addition to lessening a woman's risk of developing cancer, the lignans abundant in flaxseed can promote normal ovulation and extend the second, progesterone-dominant half of the cycle. The benefits of these effects are manifold. For women trying to become pregnant, consistent ovulation significantly improves their chances of conception. For women between the ages of 35 and 55 who are experiencing peri-menopausal symptoms such as irregular menstrual cycles, breast cysts, headaches, sleep difficulties, fluid retention, anxiety, irritability, mood swings, weight gain, lowered sex drive, brain fog, fibroid tumors, and heavy bleeding, a probable cause of all these problems is estrogen dominance. Typically, during the 10 years preceding the cessation of periods at midlife, estrogen levels fluctuate while progesterone levels steadily decline. Flaxseed, by promoting normal ovulation and lengthening the second half of the menstrual cycle, in which progesterone is the dominant hormone, helps restore hormonal balance.

Reference: https://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=81

Thank you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"