Trying to Get Pregnant

exercise while TTGP

I am in decent shape but would prefer to shed some pounds before getting pregnant and gaining the baby weight. how do you think exercise affects your cycles? I'm not looking to start some really extensive workout program but I would like to become more active. I'm hopefully (crossing fingers) going to ovulate in a little over a week and don't want it to mess up my chances of conceiving!

any fit mommas out there have any advice?! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: exercise while TTGP

• As long as you are not working out to the point of exhaustion, you should be fine.  If your cycles start to get out of whack, you may need to cut back.  I've been working out the whole time, even started interval training and I've been fine.
  • Unless you are doing extensive, strenuous exercise, you will be perfectly fine, infact you will be better off!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Exercise won't mess your cycles up unless you were to go from couch potato to ultra-marathoner in short order.

Exercise might be the one thing that keeps me sane while ttc. 

• I have irregular/long cycles and I find they are shorter/more regular when I work out regularly.  I vaguely remember something in TCOYF about hormones during your cycle and how having a healthy body weight and active lifestyle can help with infertility (don't remember specifics or chapter reference).  I say go for it!  Nothing wrong with getting fit.  GL!

Me: 32  H: 34
    DS #1: 8/10/11,  DS #2: 10/13/14
    TTC #3 since October 2017

• I also heard from a friend, not sure how accurate it is...but she said its best to start working out before you become pregnant because she was discouraged from starting an exercise program after she was pregnant but told had she been doing it before she would have been fine.
    BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"