Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Is a toddler keyboard a good gift?

We'd like to get DD a music/keyboard but I'm not sure if she'll like one. If your LO has one and like sit, can you please recommend one?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Is a toddler keyboard a good gift?

• Options

DD loves hers. Which is great. She plays it all. the. time. Which is sometimes great.

My advice would be to view the purchase of a keyboard in the same way you view the purchase of a drum set or a kazzoo. It's not so much a "Will my child enjoy this?" question as it is "How can this item be utilized in such a way that neither myself nor the neighbors want to take a sledgehammer to it?" question. Stick out tongue

Make sure you have a good place where you can put it away out of bounds when you do not want to be interupted by an enthusiastic piano solo.

ETA: We got an old school Casio keyboard at a yard sale. And she also digs the piano/keyboard/mini-piano/whatever settings on Wii Music.

• Options

My DD goes to music class each week, and they let them play with the full-size keyboards and she loves it!  I have thought about getting her one, too, but would probably just go for a middle size one like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Electric-Keyboard-Beginner-Electronic-Piano/dp/B003VSBDJK/ref=sr_1_2?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1288558478&sr=1-2

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagegoodtobethelarkster:

DD loves hers. Which is great. She plays it all. the. time. Which is sometimes great.

My advice would be to view the purchase of a keyboard in the same way you view the purchase of a drum set or a kazzoo. It's not so much a "Will my child enjoy this?" question as it is "How can this item be utilized in such a way that neither myself nor the neighbors want to take a sledgehammer to it?" question. Stick out tongue

Make sure you have a good place where you can put it away out of bounds when you do not want to be interupted by an enthusiastic piano solo.

ETA: We got an old school Casio keyboard at a yard sale. And she also digs the piano/keyboard/mini-piano/whatever settings on Wii Music.

Everything she said! We also bought ours at a garage sale so my word of advice? Make sure to play it before you buy it and be 100% sure the volume control works. Sadly ours will only play on the loudest setting. DS loves his keyboard but those enthusiastic piano solos can be tiresome. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"