Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Wow- facebook moment

Person A's status: Carson slept 12 hours last night...

Person B's comment: Wow! 12 hours! What's your secret?

Person A's reply: Stuff him like a pig.

Wow. just wow.

Re: Wow- facebook moment

• Options
    My LO sleeps a little longer when he eats more....I don't get what's so bad about that? I don't think she meant she over fed him just so he would sleep longer.
    I support fellow bumpie's Etsy site. Check it out! wpaperco.etsy.com

Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers BabyName Ticker
  • Options

imageHollywood214:
    My LO sleeps a little longer when he eats more....I don't get what's so bad about that? I don't think she meant she over fed him just so he would sleep longer.

I tend to agree.. when DS seems to be really hungry and eats a lot at supper (more than normal) he'll always sleep more than usual at night..

they might not have said it the most tactfully, but they have a point :)  

Me: 37
    DH: 36
    Married: 08-25-07
    DS: 11-20-09

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Name change alert: Formerly Lisswastaken

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I understand what you're saying.  Though a little extra before bed never worked for us, I can see that they may sleep longer.

But this baby is all of about 3 weeks old. I mean just how much can she be feeding him!?

• Options
    imagebourk997:

I understand what you're saying.  Though a little extra before bed never worked for us, I can see that they may sleep longer.

But this baby is all of about 3 weeks old. I mean just how much can she be feeding him!?

3 weeks old and sleeping 12 hours?!! wowzers. I'd like to know how much she's feeding him too! 

Me: 37
    DH: 36
    Married: 08-25-07
    DS: 11-20-09

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Name change alert: Formerly Lisswastaken

• Options
    My LO sleeps from 8p-830a usually. She'll wake up and fuss for a few minutes during the night, but will generally go back to sleep. She gets a 5oz bottle and 1/2 jar of baby food. Is that considered "stuffing like a pig"? If so, GUILTY.
  • Options
    LOL you should ETA your OP to add that her LO is 3 weeks old! That makes a difference!

I guess you can rest assured knowing a 3 week old only eats as much as he needs, so stuffing like a pig isn't exactly an option.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ophelia slept nearly 12 hours a night from about 5 weeks through 3 months when we took a vacation.  That vacation ruined it :-(  She only started sleeping through the night again around 6 months.  I always made sure she went to bed on a nice full tummy.  If she didn't she'd wake up.  I think you're reading more into person A's status update for drama.  You really can't overfeed a 3 week old.  They would just spit it back up.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"