3rd Trimester
Options

NBR: kitchen aid stand mixers

Can someone pls fill me in on what makes this mixer superior to other, less expensive stand mixers?  I am not a baker by any means but now w/ dd old enough to help and the holidays around the corner, I want to give it a shot.  The kitchen aid price tag scares me tho, lol!

Thanks!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NBR: kitchen aid stand mixers

• Options

1.  You buy it once, it lasts a lifetime.

2.  Many additional attachments.  Even the can-opener attachment is nice b/c it saves space on my counter.

3.  Replacement parts are easy to find if needed over the years.

4.  The performance is great and you can do a lot with them and not burn out the motor. 

There are many other brands but they change models and are not necessarily consistent with their brand.  If you watch around, you can find a great deal on them.  Check out slickdeals.net for a few weeks and I bet you'll find a steal!

imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options

As a chef it's the only one I would recommend...;like PP said it's good for a lifetime.  My great aunt as one that's 50 years old and still going strong!

It's made of extremely durable parts, no molded plastic or crap like that.

It is an investment but one that will last forever.  

I bake a lot, including bread and the thing is amazing...most professional kitchens will ONLY use this product..that says something to me that a professional kitchen can beat these things to hell and they keep going...I've never seen one break down either. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't know if you have the store Bed, Bath, and Beyond near you or not. They send out coupons all of the time for 20% off one item. It is wonderful when buying something as big as a Kitchen Aid. I love mine! I can turn it on and continue to do something else. (Grease the pan or whatever)
  • Options
    Ditto to what everyone else said!  Other than the industrial sized mixers we only had Kitchenaids in Pastry School.  Plus my mom has a Kitchenaid mixer that she got for a wedding gift and she still uses it to this day.  I used mine at least once a week and I love it...I just wish I had a bigger one. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ditto what everyone else has said. I have one and I loooove it. The price tag scared me a bit too so I waited like 2 years for it to go on clearance. I got it for about half price, and it was worth the wait.
  • Options

imageTracy6450:
    Ditto to what everyone else said!  Other than the industrial sized mixers we only had Kitchenaids in Pastry School.  Plus my mom has a Kitchenaid mixer that she got for a wedding gift and she still uses it to this day.  I used mine at least once a week and I love it...I just wish I had a bigger one. 

YAY another chef!! 

lol, is it wrong that I told DH I wanted a Hobart so I could make MORE bread?

• Options
    I'd also recommend getting the grinder attachment, it is awesommmmme and easy to clean. Also the mixer comes with a cover that has an opening to add stuff but the cover is great since back splashes from the ingredients get caught in it= less messy. Macy's always has sales too so you can get it for less around Thanksgiving/ Christmas time. 
  • Options

Well they are nice enough looking that its ok to leave them on the counter. We do not use ours as much as we should but its very convienient when we do.

I would not say they last forever, my parents ae on therr 2nd or third one in the last 30 years, but it is used daily.

• Options

imagemishu917:
    I'd also recommend getting the grinder attachment, it is awesommmmme and easy to clean. Also the mixer comes with a cover that has an opening to add stuff but the cover is great since back splashes from the ingredients get caught in it= less messy. Macy's always has sales too so you can get it for less around Thanksgiving/ Christmas time. 

This! I got mine a couple years ago as a Christmas present. I had wanted one for years, and finally got it. I LOVE it. It stays permanently on my counter. I use it almost weekly. It's so worth the money. I definitely recommend getting it! 

• Options
    I got an awesome deal on mine at Dillard's (dept store similar to Macy's but mostly in the south, I'm not sure that they have them in your area). I was buying a black one and the lady asked if I was set on that color because they had a discontinued shade of black for 25% off. I couldn't see a difference and the 25% combined with my registry completion discount I paid less than $200 for it.
  • Options
    I got mine from my in-laws as a wedding present and I LOVE it. I dont use it on a daily, but I use it a lot more than I did before. It beats the hell out of hand mixing bc I didn't have one at all. It's also looks beautiful on my counter--I know silly and not a reason to purchase it but I heart mine :) 
  • Options
    between the attachments (they even have an ice cream maker!) and the quality of the mixer itself, its the best thing in my kitchen!  I make buttercream icing quick and easy in it...buttercream icing tends to bog down mixers, but not my kitchenaid, lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"