2nd Trimester

S/O question for all the bumpies

I was just wondering how all of you ladies handle the changing dynamic with your DH's or S/O that happens when you are pregnant. By that I mean that sometimes I feel like I am more worried about how this effects my fiance more than I am worried about how hard it has been for me.

I have really started to feel this the last week because I am on bed rest. It sucks for everybody but my fiance is such a busybody person who just goes non stop. He goes crazy sitting around the house. I feel like there is a balance of him keeping me company and having his own time that we haven't achieved yet.

Today he had a buddy over and they decided to have a few rum and cokes. This totally annoyed me!! And I should mention that my FI never ever drinks and works his butts off so he is certainly entitled to chill out and have a drink with his buddy on a Sunday. I was just upset because he is gone sooo much that my time with him is really important to me right now. I admit I am in a fragile emotional state since being put on bed rest and Aspen's health being in jeopardy.

Anyway, I totally realize I shouldn't feel upset about him doing other things. BTW I have not bittched at him about this, these are just internal feelings. But I need to find a way to deal with them because I have enough to stress about without adding this.

Do any of you, especially anyone with a high risk problem pregnancy, feel like you think so much about what is going on with you and the baby that you kind of lose sight of the fact that everyone around you is NOT pregnant?

Sorry this is so long., Bed rest does crazy things to your mind!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: S/O question for all the bumpies

• I am on full bed rest..

Bedrest and pregnancy BOTH do crazy things to your mind. I know exactly how you feel and the emotions that you are going thru will probably change by the day or by the minute. For example, one day I will get irritated if my DH wants to have a beer with a friend, the next I actually cant wait for him to go outside and play lol

Some days I find that I need his attention so much, and other days I just want to be alone with my thoughts or on the phone with a friend. My DH works a lot, too, and he is very active in sports and such.

Just dont be too hard on yourself, and if you feel that you need to have a change made, be honest with him, I encourage you to try to be understanding, as long as he is being super understanding for you, bc you deserve that sooo much right now, too. He also, however, has had a lot of changes recently as well I am sure, if your situation is anything like mine. For example, the pressure of keeping the home nice, making enough money, preparing for baby, and taking care of me at home or at the hospital..

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"