Multiples

Did anyone else's Dr. suggest this???

I had my 20 week appointment this past week and everything is looking wonderful with my girls! :)  My Dr. referred me to a Dr. in Maternal Fetal Medicine to do my anatomy scan, so I got a few different suggestions from him that I was surprised by.  The big one was when he told me to take a baby asprin every day for the rest of my pregnancy to help control my blood pressure.  I had never heard anything about taking baby asprin in pregnancy, but I know that this Dr. knows what he is talking about! Did/is anyone out there taking baby asprin???

Happy Halloween By the way :) 

Livian Elizabeth and Alayna Marjorie!  On their way to 3!
Lilypie - (mtvk)
Lilypie - (WdLV)

Re: Did anyone else's Dr. suggest this???

• I did.  I still got severe pre-e but maybe it held it off for a bit?
    Three losses in 2009; Boy/Girl twins born in 2010 image
  • I am on it right now and will be until at least week 20.  They had me on it to help increase blood flow to my uterus for my IVF (that's what I was told).

I have heard of women taking it for other reasons though.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I am on it to help control BP (which has been fine so far).  I was told that I would be on it until 2 weeks before my scheduled c-section.  I started it for IVF and was told to continue using it!
  • I had to take a baby aspirin through my IVF cycle and the first trimester, but was told I could stop taking it at ten weeks. 
  • I was also told to start taking it at 20 weeks, but it obviously didn't work in my case :P
  • imageCharBart:

I am on it right now and will be until at least week 20.  They had me on it to help increase blood flow to my uterus for my IVF (that's what I was told).

I have heard of women taking it for other reasons though.

I've been on it since April when I started my last IVF cycle. It is for my blood clotting disorder but also to increase blood flow to the uterus. 

TTC since 8/07 DX - Severe MFI/azoospermia & MTHFR/ TESEs found sperm - 7/08 & 6/09/ 12/08 - IVF#1 - BFN/ 6/09 - IVF #2 - cancelled due to OHSS risk (had retrieval)/ 7/09 - FET #1 - BFN/ 9/09 - FET #2 - BFN/ 11/09 - IVF #3 with new RE cancelled twice - 10/09 & 11/09/ 1/10 - IVF #3 take 3 - BFN/ 4/10 - IVF #4 - first ever BFP on 5/13/10!!! 108 @ 10dp3dt/ 2nd beta 311!/ sono on 5/28/10 said TWINS!!!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I was on it for a completely different reason, have blood clotting issues. My dr had me on it until I had my c/s, then took it for 6wks after.

Good luck to you.

• My RE had all of his patients on it to get pregnant.  I'll take it for a minor clotting disorder for the rest of my life. Not sure if they'll have me stop it before delivery.  I can't remember what I did before my sinus surgery last year...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"