Eco-Friendly Family
Options

will you help me choose a dress?

My friend is getting married in May and has chosen a David's Bridal color (regency) and wants us to all chose our own style of dress in either chiffon or satin. I have no clue what to get and I'm 24 weeks pregnant so I don't feel like I can really try something on now for something that I'll be waring in May! So I need your help... Click here and check out all of the short style, regency color dresses. It will be outside.

I am 5'6". Average to slightly slender frame. I'll be nursing so the girls will be a C or a D. Not sure if I want to go for a strapless or not. 

Suggestions? I'm bad bad bad with fashion.
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: will you help me choose a dress?

• Options

ooh, this is fun!  I am referring to them by the "titles" on the David's Bridal website

page 1: I'd go with the strapless rhinestone belted one.  Super cute and flattering. I also like the boatneck one - which might be nice so you can wear a bra.

page 2: cotton sateen strapless with ruching + short satin dress with pleated bust & ruching

page 3: short charmeuse dress with ruched waist.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like dress # 8355. I wore that dress to a wedding recently and I was almost 7 months preg with a C cup bra size and it looked really good on me. I actually felt pretty. I'm about 5ft 3 inches.
  • Options
    I would go with one of the strapless options- you're going to have to find somewhere to nurse no matter what, but strapless will be far easier to whip a boob out and nurse. I had to nurse DD at my sister's wedding, and wore a dress that had a circular neckline- yeah, it was a PITA to feed her in.
  • Options
    I like the strapless satin a line w/ cascading back- looks like it would be easy to nurse in.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

Only the short ones?

Style F13954

Strapless:

Style 83312Style F12284 

47 months &
    11 months
  • Options

I tried on this one for a wedding in May and fell in love. Like I want it for occasions when I'm not a bridesmaid

F13722

Mama to D 6.16.08 and C 3.11.10
    Tales of the Wife

imageimage
  • Options
    PP made a valid point with nursing, so idk what to advise you as far as strapless v. straps.  I don't have big boobs at all, so I've never had to deal with that.  As far as dresses with straps go, I like the "satin short dress with classic boat neckline" - it looks classic, the kind of dress that would look good on almost anyone.  Good luck and let us know what you decide on!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

My wedding dress was strapless and I was able to nurse in it - there's photographic evidence on FB :)

Oh, and I'm generally an i cup but I was able to get the girls into a DD strapless bra for the occasion.

• Options
    imagebabyluv617:

I tried on this one for a wedding in May and fell in love. Like I want it for occasions when I'm not a bridesmaid

F13722

This is actually the one dress that someone has already called dibbs on! For a while it was the one dress that we were all going to wear and I was *very* happy with that, but then the bride's little sister got all pouty so we all are choosing our own now. Good compromise but I really liked that dress. I'm afraid the other one that is similar is TOO similar. Double darn.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I'm cheap - I'd go with #8355 bc it's on sale and meets all the requirements =P and I think it would work with your description of yourself (sounds similar to me, actually).  If you want straps, you can always have a seamstress add straps, too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"