Pregnant after IF
Options

First trick or treater...OMG!

So we were sitting here, enjoying our dinner...waiting for the fun to start.  Then the doorbell rings.  I was so excited and got up to get the door....

Our first one was a very young mom (had to be about 19...and this is somewhat normal in our military town)...no costume on, holding her brand new baby.  This baby could not have been more than 2 months old!  The baby had a halloween sleeper on though.  And the kicker...mom was missing several front teeth.  I knew we should have gotten toothbrushes!  (DH is a dentist.)

Funny because we had just talked about this earlier today that it would be at least one more halloween before we took our child trick or treating.  We both even said that it would be so tacky to take a small baby out...way to obvious that you want the candy for yourself.  Just go to the store and buy some!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: First trick or treater...OMG!

• Options
    Owen was 15 months when we moved into our house and we took him ToTing.  We just wanted to meet some of our neighbors.  They'd try to give us candy and we'd decline saying we were just introducing ourselves to everybody. We got a bunch of weird looks.  I think you just can't win (unless you're a candy grubber and don't have any problems with it.)
  • Options

We have had a few, but our dog keep trying to get them to play tug of war w him.  He's in a dog costume, so it's cute. 

But so far everyone has had teeth...but i live in manhattan so most of the moms are pretty fancy and in their mid 30's.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    awww, that's just sad :(
  • Options
    yikes!
    TTC since 8/07 DX - Severe MFI/azoospermia & MTHFR/ TESEs found sperm - 7/08 & 6/09/ 12/08 - IVF#1 - BFN/ 6/09 - IVF #2 - cancelled due to OHSS risk (had retrieval)/ 7/09 - FET #1 - BFN/ 9/09 - FET #2 - BFN/ 11/09 - IVF #3 with new RE cancelled twice - 10/09 & 11/09/ 1/10 - IVF #3 take 3 - BFN/ 4/10 - IVF #4 - first ever BFP on 5/13/10!!! 108 @ 10dp3dt/ 2nd beta 311!/ sono on 5/28/10 said TWINS!!!! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Lovely. We haven't had any yet, but last year we had a new mom with an infant... she had teeth, but i still said something to my DH about her collecting candy to support her sugar habit.  

Oh, does the lost possum that came to our back door count? I didn't give him candy... but his costume was great. He looked just like a possum!

3 yrs ttc, 3ivfs, 4 iuis and finally a baby boy! And then a girl to follow. 2 under 2!
  • Options
    I think this was a fairly reasonable trick or treat this year in that most of the moms pushing strollers had their babies dressed up, but did not collect candy for them. I think everyone had their teeth and none of the parents were smoking or drinking beers. 
    IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

• Options
    Wow...DH and I were just talking about what things we could do with LO next year for his first Halloween considering we won't be taking him our trick-or-treating since he'll only be 9 months old!
    DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"