March 2011 Moms
Options

mattresses?

So has anyone looked, bought, or previously used a crib mattress that they would recommend? I dont want to spend a fortune on it, but I want it to be what the baby needs. Any suggestions would be great! TIA!

Re: mattresses?

• Options
    to me a crib mattress is a crib mattress. if i were u i would go to bru, target or kmart and check them out. they have tons of different options. they arent too expensive either.  i think some people even threw it on the floor and tested it out for themselves. gl.
  • Options

I was just reading about mattresses in my Baby Bargains book. Here's what they recommend as their top picks:

Foam - Colgate "Classica I" - $150 - colgatekids.com

Coil - Sealy's Perfect Rest Mattress  - $65 on Amazon or Simmons Beautyrest Beginnings Sophisticated Comfort - $160 at BRU

Organic: Nature Pedic's "no compromise" coil mattress. $280-300 naturepedic.com

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Everyone has told me to stick with a foam mattress b/c it is so lightweight and makes for much easier sheet changes.  We are planning on getting the colgate classica mentioned by pp, but I really looked into it because that will make the mattress cost as much as our crib! =)  A firm coil would be just as safe, but it would be heavier, so it  depends on what you can afford as far as convenience sake.
  • Options
    imageelizabeth&james:

I was just reading about mattresses in my Baby Bargains book. Here's what they recommend as their top picks:

Foam - Colgate "Classica I" - $150 - colgatekids.com

Coil - Sealy's Perfect Rest Mattress  - $65 on Amazon or Simmons Beautyrest Beginnings Sophisticated Comfort - $160 at BRU

Organic: Nature Pedic's "no compromise" coil mattress. $280-300 naturepedic.com

Thanks for posting this!  I had a much more expensive foam mattress on my registry and just switched it to the colgate one.  Maybe I should think about getting that book after all!

"Discovery consists of looking at the same thing as everyone else and thinking something different" ~Roger von Oech
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"