1st Trimester
Options

Mirena IUD

Have any of you ladies had the Mirena IUD in??  How long after it was removed did you conceive?? 

Re: Mirena IUD

• Options
    I had my mirena removed on Sept 7, had my first period on Sept 25 and appear to be Fertile Myrtle since we got pregnant on the first shot!!!  But I'm scared because I've heard that a lot of people miscarry if they get pregnant too quickly after having it removed.  So I'm just praying and sending good vibes to my belly!
  • Options
    I had my mirena removed Oct 2, 2009. Got pregnant in May 2010 but miscarried in June 2010 (6w1d). I have heard of a lot of girls miscarrying after the mirena also, but there are also girls who don't. So far this pregnancy is going great. High hcg levels so far (21,936 @ 5w1d) and I have an ultrasound on Tues. I wouldn't worry too much about miscarrying after the mirena...I don't think its ever been proven to be linked with miscarriages. I have heard that the mirena thins out the lining of your uterus, however, which could be a reason a woman couldn't carry a baby. I would NEVER get the mirena again and tell all my friends what happened to me and that I would suggest they research it before they get it inserted. Don't wanna be Debbie Downer...sorry! I am sure we hear about miscarriages after mirena a lot more than women who had it removed and had no issues with pregnancy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    i had mirena removed on 8/4/10... there was some withdrawal bleeding for a few days (seemed very much like a period), but my first real period off of it was 2 weeks later, as expected.  we started trying after that and got a BFP on 10/28/10 (cycle #2).
  • Options
    I had mirena removed in late April. Conceived in early June.  Miscarried in early july. and had a CP in September. I don't know if Mirena is to blame since i know mc are common but i didn't have trouble conceiving. GL
    BFP 6/20/10 1st M/C- 7/3/10~ 6 w 1 d
    BFP 9/13/10- Chemical Pregnancy discovered 9/16/10
    BFP 2/23/11 EDD 2nd M/C 3/20/10~ 7 w 6 d
    BFP 9/17/11- Twins! Alice Nichole 5/15/12 Colette Parker 5/15/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I had my Mirena removed 11/14/09, and conceived on 12/27/09 following a short first cycle after it was removed. I had a missed m/c found on 3/1/10 at 11w1d, baby stopped developing at 8 weeks-ish, but I don't believe that it was due to the Mirena (as it wasn't a natural m/c). GL conceiving after removing yours!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"