2nd Trimester

glucose screening ?

I have a cold of some sort, can this influence the results of my test? Should I reschedule first thng in the morning?  I know I should just ask, but by the time they open I am supposed to have drunk the gross orange stuff....

Re: glucose screening ?

• I don't think a cold will affect it. It's only testing for sugars and how well your body handles them.
    "Momma! She's doing it again!!" Photobucket
  • I've never heard of a cold affecting the test. I think you should just do it and get it over with, and if there are any issues they would just make you retake it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Actually, according to the nutritionist I saw last time I was pregnant, a cold, or any other sickness can affect your numbers.  I would call your doctor in the morning, and ask.  Is it the one hour test or the 3 hour? Because if it were just the one hour, I would probably do the test, because it isn't the final answer to GD or not.

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • im in the same exact situation...I am just taking the test.  I can't see how it will affect a glucose test.
    DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • imagecruelsound:

I'm Type 1, but colds and other illnesses DEFINITELY impact my numbers. Even a monthly period can push your numbers up. When I have a cold, my blood sugars are really hard to control and I can't take most over the counter medicines because they do the same thing.

I would show up for the test but tell them that you are sick and see what they say.

This. Let them decide whether or not you should test now or wait.

• imagemommydale:
    imagecruelsound:

I'm Type 1, but colds and other illnesses DEFINITELY impact my numbers. Even a monthly period can push your numbers up. When I have a cold, my blood sugars are really hard to control and I can't take most over the counter medicines because they do the same thing.

I would show up for the test but tell them that you are sick and see what they say.

This. Let them decide whether or not you should test now or wait.

Assuming I do this, should I drink the liquid?  Wouldn't want to do it unnescessarily.... 

• imagecruelsound:

Wow, guess I learned something new today! lol I just thought that your sugars were only based on what you eat after you're diagnosed. Had no clue that colds could affect it.

"Momma! She's doing it again!!" Photobucket
  • Personally, I think the nasty-ness of the drink is highly exagerated. I was all pumped up for something god-awful...and it just tasted like sweet orange koolaide.
  • imageMozzy24:
    Personally, I think the nasty-ness of the drink is highly exagerated. I was all pumped up for something god-awful...and it just tasted like sweet orange koolaide.

This exactly!  I'd just drink it, go in and tell them you have a cold.

• imageMozzy24:
    Personally, I think the nasty-ness of the drink is highly exagerated. I was all pumped up for something god-awful...and it just tasted like sweet orange koolaide.

I totally agree!  After I drank it, I thought it wasn't near as sweet as people made it out to be.  I was sure that meant that I must have GD.  LOL!  I didn't :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • imageMozzy24:

I also agree, I has the "sprite" one but it was really cold and not that bad at all.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have GD and I can say that being sick definitely affects my numbers. There are lots of factors that can change them.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"