March 2011 Moms
Options

I give up

DH only hears wants he wants to hear, so I am giving up talking to him about baby stuff. I try to tell him that every single person I talk to has warned me against a travel system and had to go out and buy another stroller anyway. He won't consider anything other than our travel system because it is cheaper. He won't listen that it is not convenient, is heavy, bulky, and everyone ended up buying another one anyway. 
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: I give up

• Options
    Why do husbands have a such a strong opinion about these things?  I feel like we had to have serious discussions on a lot of things baby...bedding, furniture, even what type of diaper bag I want. It's cool to be involved, but really? trust our judgement!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

My FI is trying to talk me out of cloth diapers because he thinks disposables will be more convenient, less stinky, and more comfortable in the long run. lol.

FI -"What happens when we run out and only have like 3 left?"

Me- "I do a load of laundry."

FI-"Honey a load of laundry is like a 2 hour process, and cloth can only be so comfortable."

LOL!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Have you gone to the store to test drive strollers with him and more importantly, test out lifting them into the back of your car?

I've lucked out and my husband is perfectly happy with me making the registry decisions, but I thought he was going to put up a fight about a couple things, including the stroller.  I'm not a weakling, but my plan was to go to the store and show him how much harder it would be for me to put a 38lb travel system into my car vs. the 16lb city mini.  Thankfully he gets overwhelmed in BRU, and then we'd have to go to Buy Buy Baby to try out the things that BRU doesn't have and it's all just too much for him.  So the decisions are all mine :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    This is where I am getting frustrated because I am not allowed to lift anything more than 7 or 8 lbs. So I have to take his word for it about how heavy, etc something is. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I know exactly what you mean!  DH picked out a diaper bag for me when I was pregnant with DS and it never gets used because it is so uncomfortable!

Rachel and Jeff Married 5.29.05

Jason is 8

Elizabeth is 6

Katherine is 18 months 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

I really don't want a bucket seat, and DH knows that he will be the one to carry it and so on if we do have one, since my back just can't handle it. He has totally come on board with baby wearing.

We aren't even getting a stroller, since we live on a dirt (gravel) road and in order to have a decent one we would need to spend $400+ - if we miss it later on we can worry about getting it then.

Maybe talk to him about the practicality of the system in its individual parts. I am sure that they make sense for some people, but they definitely would not for us.

Or maybe you can point out how much fun stuff he won't get to buy when you end up spending the money later anyway! 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Photobucket Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"