Nurseries and Baby Gear

Do I need all 3 of these things?

I've been registering over the course of a few weekends, and just pulled up my Target and my Babies R Us registry and I see that I have registered for 3 things that are very similar:

A Boppy

A Boppy newborn lounger

A "My Breast Friend" nursing pillow/lounger thing

This seems nuts.  I'm assuming I can swap out the Boppy/Newborn Lounger and get one or the other, but do I need the "My Breast Friend" too? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Do I need all 3 of these things?

• No.  Try out the boppy nursing pillow and the My Breast friend and see which you like best.  The MBF gives more support, but I had a Boppy and did just fine.  I think the newborn lounger is a waste of money and it's not safe for your LO to sleep on anyway.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Just the boppy nursing pillow was enough for us.  I think the lounger is silly IMO.  DS liked being propped up in is nursing pillow just fine.  Some people prefer the My Breast Friend for nursing, but it's really personal preference. 

• Loading the player...
  • DD is much more comfortable in her newborn lounger than she is being propped up by the boppy at this point. I think the boppy will be used more when she gets a bit bigger...

Mom mom even requests we bring the lounger when we take her over there for them to watch.

I don't think you need any of them, but some people prefer one over the other. 

• My breast friend and the boppy do the same thing so you only need one or the other.  We are getting the knock off boppy from walmart this time around.  Its $20 but same thing as the boppy.  My sister has both brands and you cant tell a differance.  I like that the walmart one comes with a strap to safely use for baby.  My daughter always moved off the boppy so even tho I used it on the floor I was not ok with walking away for any amount of time even to just grab the phone. 
  • i have the boppy and really wish i'd gotten the mbf instead. but you definitely don't need all three, not even two. i think the lounger seems kinda silly and a waste of money/space. as pp said, ds loves just being propped up on the boppy. 
  • I would skip the newborn lounger.  I like the Boppy for nursing but some people prefer the Breast Friend.  You only need one of those but the Boppy is a lot more versatile.  Your LO can use it for lounging and tummy time.  Some moms have also used it to sit on when they come home from the hospital if they had a lot of pain, swelling, and/or stitches.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My BFP Chart

• Thanks for all of the responses!  I appreciate it.  I didn't even realize I had registered for 3 of the (basically) exact same things.  I think I'm going to stick with the normal Boppy.
  • We used just a boppy and it was fine for us. I honestly only used it for about a month before I learned how to hold LO comfortable enough without needing anything else. It was just a lot easier to not have to actually go get the boppy (I was exhausted). Since then, we've used it to prop up LO as a newborn and then as an assistant as she learned to sit.

I think the boppy offers many more uses than the brestfriend. The newborn lounger seems like a waste of money.

• The Boppy pillow was great for us. GL with what you decide to do.  :)
  • i had the mbf which I registered for and the knock boppy as a shower gift.  the MBF is  SO much better.  I loved this and highly recommend as a nursing pillow.  my lactation consultant was also happy to see that I was using it when she came over for a home visit to trouble shoot my early nursing issues.  The Boppy knock off (I think it's called a Cuddle U) was nice for tummy time and to some extent when DS got older but I am glad I didn't buy it instead because I didn't get much use out of it.  MBF was used every day for 5 months and I bought a second cover for it. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageslwprincess:
    Just the boppy nursing pillow was enough for us.  I think the lounger is silly IMO.  DS liked being propped up in is nursing pillow just fine.  Some people prefer the My Breast Friend for nursing, but it's really personal preference. 

Well said.

Food Allergies to Eggs, Milk, Peanuts, Tree Nuts & Beef
    Challenged Soy and tolerated it.
  • I had a boppy & preferred a bed pillow when I was nursing, personally.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"