June 2011 Moms

cream cheese frosting

Just ate a piece of cake with cream cheese frosting and realized it had been sitting out for hours!  Now I am freaking out about it!  I hate this constant worrying.  I researched online and some people leave their cream cheese frosted cake out for days and it is ok while other sites like the FDA say to refridgerate it.  I am freaking out!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: cream cheese frosting

• I wouldn't worry too much!  I've gotten cupcakes from bakeries with cream cheese frosting and they've just been in the case. 

ETA:  I just did a google too and although they suggest refrigerating cake with cream cheese frosting...most say it's fine out overnight if it's in a cool place. So as long as your house isn't super warm right now, sounds like you should be ok.

~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image"">imageimage
  • I'm quite sure it's fine.  We have cream cheese frosting on pumpkin cake all the time - it sits on the counter - never had a problem.  Calm down :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the good slap back to reality.  I am just way overly worried and need to calm down.  I sometimes need a good swift kick!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"