Nurseries and Baby Gear

Diaper Champ vs Diaper Genie??

Can you give me your recommendations/opinions on either the Diaper Genie or the Diaper Champ?

I've heard some like the Diaper Champ better, because you can use any kind of liner on the inside...rather than only being able to use the Diaper Genie liners. 

I'd appreciate your thoughts!  Thanks!

Re: Diaper Champ vs Diaper Genie??

• imageMATrun07:

Can you give me your recommendations/opinions on either the Diaper Genie or the Diaper Champ?

I've heard some like the Diaper Champ better, because you can use any kind of liner on the inside...rather than only being able to use the Diaper Genie liners. 

I'd appreciate your thoughts!  Thanks!

I've heard this too - you can actually just use a plastic bag instead of a liner for the Diaper Champ (like a Target or Walmart bag)...I've heard some say that the smell is kept at bay for the Diaper Genie, but I've heard others say that they both smell and you have to change the bag every few days. 

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• First of all, you should know there is no perfect diaper pail.  They all stink.  I mean, they are full of poop and pee!  But with that said, we were happy with our Diaper Champ.  I liked that I could use regular sized tall kitchen garbage bags in it instead of having to buy special liners.  DH emptied it every other day and that worked pretty well for controlling the smell.  We really only used it for the first few months and then once the number of dirty diapers decreased, we just switched to a regular trash can and emptied it every day.

• Loading the player...
  • I prefer the diaper genie II- the bags help hold the smell in much better (maybe it's the design too).  My sister had the diaper champ and hated it- the regular bags while more convenient do not contain the smell as well.  I've been using my genie for almost 3 years now and it does smell when you open it to change it but otherwise contains the smell of my almost 3 year old (who is refusing to potty train) diapers.  For newborn and infant diapers, if BFing just about any pail will be fine though.
  • after working in a preschool, i discovered my intense dislike of the diaper champ.  like pp said, the ability to use regular bags, while nice, does not contain the smell as much.  i also felt that the champ was a lot less sanitary.  the genie has the cover on it, keeping the lid closed so little fingers can't go in and touch where the dirty diapers were.  the champ on the other hand is open and babies/toddlers LOVE to play in it.  gross.  just my opinion
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageacvalvo:
      i also felt that the champ was a lot less sanitary.  the genie has the cover on it, keeping the lid closed so little fingers can't go in and touch where the dirty diapers were.  the champ on the other hand is open and babies/toddlers LOVE to play in it. 

I don't get this--- we have the Diaper Champ and there's a lid on it, a LO would have to push a button and lift the lid to get to the diapers.

We went with this one after reading numerous reviews that no diaper pail completely contains smells and wanting to keep the cost of bags low.  We also bought Glad Odor Shield with Febreeze trashbags- they work great in the kitchen, so I'm hoping they work as well in the diaper pail.

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"