Multiples

Moms who does /did not have/had any complications..

Just out of curiosity in your 2nd and/or 3rd trimester what does your daily routine consists of? How do you guys take it easy? My doc always tells me to take it easy from now on but what does taking it easy consists of? Just wanted to hear from other moms what your daily routine is like and if I'm taking it easy or I should wind it down a little more..I don't think I do much moving around and when I'm home I'm laying down.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Moms who does /did not have/had any complications..

• I was never on strict bedrest but after 24 weeks I didn't cook, clean, or go shopping.  I pretty much hung around the house watching tv and playing on the web.  I would make myself a sandwich for lunch and take a shower and go up and down the stairs to the restroom. 

jailbirds Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • i went to 38w with no problems and no signs of labor.

i stopped working at 27w.... andd for the next 4 weeks or so I would get up, shower, get dressed, do one constructive thing in the house each day (ie- a craft for the nursery, fold laundry, etc) and leave the house once/day - go to Target or to a movie or out to lunch.... and then spend the rest of the day sitting on the couch with my feet up - either online, watching TV or napping :)

the last 5 weeks or so (it was 11w total i was off before i had them) it was really hard to be on my feet for long- so my outings each day were quick or something i was seated during the whole time.... i couldn't go to big stores anymore, that's for sure.

my entire pregnancy, after the first tri I really tried to take it easy - i sat down every chance i had... didn't do anything physical i did not HAVE to do.

• Loading the player...
  • The only thing I did differently was that I stopped walking the dog with DS in the bob after 34 weeks or so. Our neighborhood is really hilly and it was such a hot summer-I just couldnt do it. Other than that, I made it to 37 w, 5d with no other change to my routine. Shopping, cleaning, playing with DS-all doable.
  • I was working from home so I would take two naps a day - one in the morning and one after lunch.  Usually the most strenuous thing I did was make lunch for myself and maybe throw in some laundry.  

I do remember going to Target when I was thirty some-odd weeks to pick up some last minute things for Christmas.  I was only there for five minutes and started to feel miserable.  I couldn't get out of there fast enough!  After that I only went to the doctor because standing or walking for too long made me too tired and achy.

My twins are 5! My baby is 3!

DS#2 - Allergic to Cashew, Pistachio, Kiwi

DS#3 - Allergic to Milk, Egg, Peanut, Tree Nuts and Sesame

• I stopped working at 28 weeks and carried the boys until my induction at 37w5d. I still did all the grocery shopping and cleaning right up until delivery, even though DH didnt want me too :) He helped out a ton towards the end b/c physically it was a lot to clean our house and get groceries. I did a lot of napping and lazing about in 3rd tri.
  • I went to 38.5 weeks and attribute this mostly to taking it VERY easy starting around week 25. I worked until 30 weeks, but sit at a desk all day and when I was not working I was literally sitting or laying in bed. No errands, no visiting people, no going out to eat. Nothing. I stopped working at 30 weeks and aside from a few very short trips to PB kids and doctor's appointments I did not leave my bed. I say I was on self imposed bed rest.

Looking back, I don't know why I did this, but I guess it just felt right at the time and I was listening to my body. God was I bored those 8.5 weeks. I would like a few days of that back now : )

• Well I have a toddler so rest really wasn't an option.  I worked until 35.5 weeks, and thats when I hit a wall.  The swelling in my legs got really bad so walking became painful.  So I have spent the last 2.5 weeks basically just sitting on the couch.  I only left the house for doctors appts.  My MIL would come over and take DD to and from daycare for me and watch her after daycare until my DH got home.  If it wasn't for the swelling in my legs I would be much more active.
  • I worked part time until 34 weeks,but the rest of the  time I did a lot of sitting on the couch and allowing myself to sleep. I didn't really restrict myself in any way, just tried to listen to my body. 
  • I think it depends on the job you have if you work out of the home. If you have any children already then it's more difficult. I have an office job and before getting pregnant I took two trains into work. I started driving in and parking in my building around week 15. At work I pretty much just sat at my desk and put my feet up and snacked during the day. I cooked dinner most nights and did light cleaning. My dh did all of the grocery shopping especially towards the end. I think it's just staying off of your feet as much as possible while at the same time not being sedentary. You really want to try and find some balance. I started working from home at week 32 and was done at week 34. Babies were born at 36w. I think stay off of your feet and eat as many healthy snacks as you can!
  • imageGoldie_Locks_5:

i went to 38w with no problems and no signs of labor.

i stopped working at 27w.... andd for the next 4 weeks or so I would get up, shower, get dressed, do one constructive thing in the house each day (ie- a craft for the nursery, fold laundry, etc) and leave the house once/day - go to Target or to a movie or out to lunch.... and then spend the rest of the day sitting on the couch with my feet up - either online, watching TV or napping :)

the last 5 weeks or so (it was 11w total i was off before i had them) it was really hard to be on my feet for long- so my outings each day were quick or something i was seated during the whole time.... i couldn't go to big stores anymore, that's for sure.

my entire pregnancy, after the first tri I really tried to take it easy - i sat down every chance i had... didn't do anything physical i did not HAVE to do.

Yep this was pretty much what I did.  I also made the mailing list for our birth announcements, and did some small projects that I knew I wouldn't have time to do when the girls arrived.  Not physical stuff.  I stopped cleaning around week 20 something....early 20s.  I hired a friend's sister to come clean my house every other week and my SIL or Sister would usually run the vacuum in the in between weeks for me. 

Here comes Baby #3! BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"