VBAC
Options

3 c/s in 3 years?

My BFF is getting ready to have her 3rd child in 3 years and it will be by c/s.  Her first c/s they said the baby would be too big when she was about 7 months pregnant and she of course being new to birth didn't question it.  Her baby was barely 7lbs so that doesn't seem big to me.  Then she has another baby about 18 months later and she wouldn't even think of a VBAC because her doctor told her it was too risky.  She ended up with a very complicated premie birth where she had bad reactions to anathesia and baby was in NICU for a week.  Now she is pregnant again and I'm terrified for her that it's going to be a huge risk for her.  I've always heard that multiple c/s that are close together are a risk.  Do I have reason to be concerned or is that just hearsay? 
image Started TTC 11/07 BFP 09/24/08 Miscarriage 09/30/08 First cycle of clomid August 09 Second cycle of clomid September 09 BFP 09/30/09 Miscarriage 10/10/09 Three more rounds of clomid and no success Diagnosed with Unexplained Infertility Abnormal Bleeding for 3 months resulted in D&C but results were normal November 2010 100mg clomid but didn't respond December 2010 forced break for a cyst February 2011 150mg clomid but still no response March 2011 250mg clomid and responded! Ovidrel trigger shot and IUI on March 31 Beta #1 11dpo: 27 Beta #2 15dpo: 85 Beta #3 18dpo 276 Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: 3 c/s in 3 years?

• Options
    I think it depends on the person.  Since she had complications before it probably makes her high risk now.  I've had two c's 18 months apart and have been cleared by my OB to TTC #3 when we are ready.  I healed fine and had no complications.  I also know several moms who have had 3+ csections with no complications.  Good luck to her and hopefully everything will go smoothly.
    DS- 11/08,  DD1 - 05/10,  DD2 - 11/11

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I have had two c sections that were almost exactly a year apart and I had no long term problems. I am having a hard time finding someone willing to a VBAC for me since I plan to be pregnant in the very near future! She probably will have to find a VBAC friendly OB because I know a lot of midwives can't do VBAC on number 3, well at least here in nj
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm mostly likely have 3 c/s in 3 1/2 years, no additional complications or warnings have been given to me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"