Infertility
Options

Friend is PG

I have a friend who I have been friends with since grade school, so 25 years or so. She was in my wedding - 8 years ago. She recently got married in June. She got pregnant on her honeymoon and texted me to tell me - on my birthday. (Who does that???) Unfortunately for her, she lost the baby very early (5 weeks or so). I felt sorry for her. I truly did. But, then her friend told her she was pregnant. My friend proceeded to tell me how now she understands what I have gone through....

Um, no. You don't.

I got a text from her tonight asking me how things are going. I just had a feeling about it. She's pregnant again. 8 weeks. I feel badly that I wasn't super excited for her. When dealing with the possibility that we may have to cancel this cycle due to poor response, and this is likely our last shot at IVF, I'm sorry... I'm not happy that you're pregnant. I should have had 3 kids before you ever even got married and apparently, you and your husband are super-fertile and can get pregnant at the drop of a hat. (Again, knowing she lost her first and I AM sorry about that.)

I'm sorry. I'm hormonal. I just needed vent to those who would understand. *sigh*

Re: Friend is PG

• Options

((HUGS))

People will always try to commiserate, and even though you're sorry for her, it's clear she doesn't understand how you feel. I'm sorry you're dealing with this.

I've probably been on The Bump longer than you have.

After 31 cycles, baby boy K (IUI) born 11/03/11

BFP (Femara) - 08/09/13 m/c around 6 weeks. xoxox Baby April

Rainbow baby girl E (Femara) born 11/16/16
  • Options
    I completely understand!  :( {Huge Hugs}
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

so sorry. unless she's been through your journey, she has no clue.  although we have IF, we all go through diffferent journies with IF.  that's something that i know for sure.

After 7 years of marriage and 5 unsuccessful IVFs, we have been granted the gift of adopting a baby boy, born 4/21/11.
  • Options
    I have a friend that compared her high blood pressure during pregnancy to my IF.  Basically said we each have our problems with having kids.  But, she has two children at home and I have never been PG.  Yeah, not the same thing.  I know a little how you feel.  And, I am not where you are yet.  ((HUGS))

imageimage

~SAIF/PAIF/Everyone Welcome~ 

Me= 37 and DH = 41 

Dx: DOR, Endo, APA+ (really high beta 2 glycoprotein antibody and high everything else tested), heterozygous MTHFR mutation, positive for lupus anticoagulant, high FSH, low AMH and both tubes blocked (per HSG on 3/8/11)

IVF #1 - long lupron (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 4 retrieved, 3 fertilized; ET 2 blasts and 1 frozen = BFN

IVF #2 - a version of antagonist with EPP (with HGH, intralipids, lovenox and BA); 6 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 blasts and 1 frozen blast transferred on day 5 = BFN.

IVF #3 April was postponed to May, May was canceled. June/July was canceled. Had a cyst aspiration and then began IVF #3 in August. ER on 8/22; ET on 8/24 with AH. +HPT on 9/5. Beta #1 (11dpo) = 3; Beta #2 (15dpo) = 29; Beta #3 (17dpo) = 60; Beta #4 (19 dpo) = 118. Heartbeat at 6 weeks 6 days =132.  Lil is here!

TTC#2:  Trigger + TI = BFN; Clomid + Trigger + IUI = BFN.

IVF #4:  BCP + MDLF + Lovenox = 7R, 1F = Transferred 1 6-cell embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #5:  MDLF + Lovenox = 4R, 1F = Transferred 1 10-cell compacting embryo on day 3 = BFN

IVF #6:  (New RE):  Long Antagonist November 2014 (transferred two 8 cell grade 1 embryos and froze one blast) = BFN

FET#1:  BFN

• Options
    Yeah, it is so frustrating to have others around you get PG and PG again.  I know how you feel :(  Some day we WILL have our turn.
    Ellen & Chris 5/6/06
    -------------------------
    TTC Since 10/2007 with no luck and a 'go with the flow' attitude
    1/1010 FINALLY decided to have testing done, dx MFI
    7/2010 - DH starts Clomid to increase testosterone and hopefully sperm count
    10/2010 - Still low (but improved) sperm count.
    11/30/10 - IUI #1 and only = BFN
    February 2011 - IVF #1 w/ ICSI =
    Chemical PG (Beta 1: 10, Beta 2: 19, Beta 3: 17) :-(
    April 2011 - IVF #2 w/ ICSI = BFN :-(
    September 2011 - IVF #3 w/ ICSI = BFFN
    November 2011 - AMH level tested - .83 (normal for age range)
    February 2012 - IVF #4 w/ ICSI = (best response ever yet still) BFFN
    April 2012 - DNA testing - NORMAL, RE suggests cycling again with own eggs or using DE
    On Break indefinitely...not sure we can afford the emotional and financial roller coaster anymore.
    *PAIFW/SAIFW*
  • Options
    ((HUGS)) sorry you have to deal with that. You certainly have reason to not be over the moon thrilled for her. I have several very fertile friends as well....they will never understand.
    Dx Anovulatory PCOS Clomid,Ovidrel,TI=BFN IUI#1-#3 Femara,Ovidrel=BFN IUI#4-Gonal F,Ovidrel=BFN IUI#5-Gonal F,Ovidrel= BFP!! Beta #1 11dpIUI=34, Beta #2=131,first u/s 3/14=1 perfect bug with a heartbeat! Anderson Phillip, Born 11/2/11 7lbs 10oz 21in. Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I completely understand. IF sucks. (((( hugs ))))
  • Options
    I'm so sorry to hear that. Dealing with a pregnancy announcement this week as well, it just sucks. No better way to explain it. Hang in there...your day will be here soon, I just know it!!
    Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers
    3 IUI's, 2 IVF's , 1 FET , 1 IVF w/ Gestational Carrier, and 1 FET using adopted embryo's = ALL BFNs
    We are adopting!

SAIF/PAIF IS ALWAYS WELCOMED TO POST IN MY POSTS!!!
  • Options

I'm so sorry, but I totally get it.  I hate pg announcements and I hate even more that I get so upset over them.  I had to attend my friend's 1st birthday party for her little girl yesterday.  (This is a friend that got pg her first month trying which was 6 months after DH & I started trying.)  There were literally 5 or 6 babies under the age of 1.  I think my DH and I were the only ones in our age group there that were childless.  It sucked. 

Huge hugs to you!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1
  • Options
    imageso1966:

so sorry. unless she's been through your journey, she has no clue.  although we have IF, we all go through diffferent journies with IF.  that's something that i know for sure.

Nicely said.

+++
  • Options
    Ugh, I am so sorry! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm so sorry.  I understand and have felt like this towards a few people.  (((hugs)))

***SAIFW***
    TTC since 2008
    One blocked Tube
    Ectopic pregnancy November 2008
    M/C at 6 weeks in January 2010
    M/C at 8 weeks (blighted ovum) May 2010

3 IUIs with Gonal-f, Sept, Oct, November 2010 = BFN
    IVF#1 1/2011 - 32 eggs retrieved, 26 fertilized, 2 trans. = BFN
    Time to regroup and heal and FET at some point
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards