Success after IF
Options

5 Day vs. 6 Day Transfer

Hey ladies!~

Just a quick question for a friend going through IVF.  She is getting pushed to a 6 Day Transfer.  Is this a good sign?  What are the possible reasons for going from a 5-6 day transfer?

TIA :) 

Re: 5 Day vs. 6 Day Transfer

• Options

getting to a 5dt is great news, that most likely means she had enough embies to stretch it out a bit, letting them pick the best of the best to transfer. I can only imagine that waiting that extra day means she has LOTS of great embies, and they can afford to go that extra day. It's quite uncommon to go to 6 for a fresh transfer, I have not seen it much around here.

However, I believe the stats for pregnancy are pretty similar for 3dt, b/c one could argue that embies do best back in their "natural" mom environment, and not in a dish with "artificial nutrients" they put in there. (day 4 I believe, they get "food" lol)

She could also need that extra day to help her lining? I dunno.GL to her!

Join us - Commit Random Acts of Kindness, and say "I did it for Cricket" Cricket's Cadence
  • Options
    I just did a 6dt 2 weeks ago. In my case (and from what I've researched- a frequent reason) my embies were hanging on so they wanted another day to try toidentify the rockstars but it wasn't that I had great embies. I think if I had 2 blasts on day 5 they would have transferred then but none were blasts yet. From what I've read there is very little evidence to show greater success rates with 6dt than 5dt. Of course, that might be that there just aren't that many 6dt to study... Good luck to your friend- I hope we both have great 6dt results!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"