Military Families

baby story-time for army mommies

hi guys i used to work at a library doing story-time but i had to leave my job because my husband and i will be moving to ft. benning when he re-ploys from iraq. does anyone know if baby story-time is something i can still do once we move? i was thinking it would be a fun way to meet moms with babies in the area. baby story-time is basically laying your baby on a blanket using finger plays, songs, story puppets, and other activities to bond with your baby and stimulate their little minds=) does anyone know if their are any programs like this in place or how i could start one?

Re: baby story-time for army mommies

• I don't know about at Benning specifically, but I've never lived in an area that didn't offer story times at the libraries.  It's a pretty common thing, so I would imagine they will have something like that there.  They might start at toddler age, but if so I'm sure you could try and get them to do babies as well. 
  • I'd contact the library to see what programs they have.
  • Loading the player...
  • I visited a friend when her husband was stationed there and while we didn't go to a story time on post, we did take our boys to a great story time at the local library.  Our boys were around 2 at the time but they seemed to have a pretty well developed storytime program set up so they probably have an infant program.  Call around to the local libraries or even Google and check their websites, they may list it on there. 
  • I can't answer your question, but...

Are you moving to Benning or Stewart? Your profile says Stewart and your post says Benning.

• imageJPed*:

I can't answer your question, but...

Are you moving to Benning or Stewart? Your profile says Stewart and your post says Benning.

lol yes its stewart my husband corrected me today! we were on skype and i showed him our page i was so proud, and he's like "babe its ft. stewart not benning" i was so embarrassed. i really have a lot of adjusting to do, all of the locations, procedures, abbreviations,  ranks and so on are honestly very confusing to me. 

• imageleslie13510:
    I don't know about at Benning specifically, but I've never lived in an area that didn't offer story times at the libraries.  It's a pretty common thing, so I would imagine they will have something like that there.  They might start at toddler age, but if so I'm sure you could try and get them to do babies as well. 

i was actually thinking of just doing it as a volunteer. getting hired at a library is usually a long process and i dont know how long we will be in any location. so i was thinking of something less formal with some of the local moms. 

• The best thing to do is to contact the library and explain to them you would like to volunteer for a new position.  Explain to them what it is and hope they want you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"