TTC After a Loss 6 Months+
Options

Chart Stalk me please

Okay, I swear my chart is screwed up and it's only cd8.  Could you take a look at it please?
imageimage
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle!
April 2011 CP @ 5 weeks

Re: Chart Stalk me please

• Options

I am no chart expert, but it seems fine to me.  I have temp jumps like that all the time.  I attribute it to bad sleeping patterns and possibly being a mouth breather at night.  Have you been feeling stuffed up?  Or maybe you are catching a cold or something?  That messes with my temps too!

HTH!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ??? TTCAL Buddies w/ BabyTrippin & CashewsMommy ???
    1st BFP = m/c 4.21.08 @ 7W5D (and divorce)
    TTC #1 since 6.10
    SA #1=Agglutination SA #2= Everything perfect
    HSG= All clear & perfect
    Currently learning to live Child Free
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ?My NTNP Chart! ?My Blog!?Follow Me on Pinterest
    CLICK to give care & food to animals in need -
    ?Big Girls have babies too!?
    ??Success/pregnant after everything welcome - FHs need not apply??
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

You have super low temps like me. Have you had your thyroid checked lately?

I agree I think that big jump is OK. It was just one day and a lot of things could have caused it. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageBabyMimi:

You have super low temps like me. Have you had your thyroid checked lately?

I agree I think that big jump is OK. It was just one day and a lot of things could have caused it. 

My temps have also been low.  They have checked my thyroid lots of times and it always come back fine, but I can ask to have it checked again.  I need to schedule a physical anyway and need to see the RE again soon.  Thanks ladies, this charting stuff is just crazy.

imageimage
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle!
    April 2011 CP @ 5 weeks
  • Options

I agree that one off temp shouldn't be anything to worry about.  :)  Are you temping at the same time every morning?  

Try to not stress too much, because that can throw things off, too! 

((Hugs))  

GL! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Was anything different about your sleep that day?  I wouldn't worry too much about one temp - see how things look in a few days.  GL!
  • Options
    I agree with everyone else... try not to look at one outlier. It's more about the big picture.
  • Options
    When you have your thyroid checked make sure your doctor asks for the comprehensive testing, not just the basic one. It measures two different hormones (can't remember right now, but will check my journal for the names) and not just the general one. Most doctors just do one and if it's within the normal range won't go into the more detailed testing, even though that one can give you more info. Sorry about my vagueness, I'll send you message with the specifics later!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #1: 07/10/2009, Missed m/c, D&C 08/12/2009
    BFP #2: 01/31/2010, Identical Twins died in utero due to TTTS, D&E 05/19/2010
    BFP #3: 09/16/2010, natural m/c 9/21/2010
    PCOS & Bocornuate Uterus Dx 1.4.2011
    BFP #4: 01/11/2011
  • Options

imagejillcanada:
    When you have your thyroid checked make sure your doctor asks for the comprehensive testing, not just the basic one. It measures two different hormones (can't remember right now, but will check my journal for the names) and not just the general one. Most doctors just do one and if it's within the normal range won't go into the more detailed testing, even though that one can give you more info. Sorry about my vagueness, I'll send you message with the specifics later!

This is why I asked. If you have TSH tested, a lot of Dr's feel that a level of 3, 4, or 5 are normal but my endocrinologist thinks that to get pregnant and stay pregnant it should be 1 or 2.

When I had my last miscarriage, my TSH was 5. I started seeing an endo and he put me on 75mcg of levothyroxin and now it is 1.5 which my RE is happy with. I have very low temps too and I have read your thyroid could be one reason for that so I figured maybe you should look into the thyroid stuff. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageBabyMimi:

imagejillcanada:

This is why I asked. If you have TSH tested, a lot of Dr's feel that a level of 3, 4, or 5 are normal but my endocrinologist thinks that to get pregnant and stay pregnant it should be 1 or 2.

When I had my last miscarriage, my TSH was 5. I started seeing an endo and he put me on 75mcg of levothyroxin and now it is 1.5 which my RE is happy with. I have very low temps too and I have read your thyroid could be one reason for that so I figured maybe you should look into the thyroid stuff. 

Good information.  Thank you.  I will check with the RE's office this week and see if they can order that for me.

imageimage
    April 2011 CP @ 5 weeks
  • Options

Kristy, what do you think of your chart now?  It looks pretty "normal" to me!  :)  

P.S.  I second the TSH recommendation!  It's the "higher up" hormone that tells your thyroid to produce thyroid hormone.  You can sometimes have low/normal thyroid hormone with high TSH, meaning your body is really having to work hard & send a strong message to get it to produce thyroid hormone because you're actually HYPOthyroid.  Hope that made sense.  :)

I usually have low temps--in the low to mid 96s--& they usually go up a degree +/- after O, so very similar pre-O to yours.  I've had a "normal" thyroid test before, but I don't think they checked TSH; I plan on asking for it in the future (especially b/c my father is hypo).  GL!!!   

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"