Snarky and T-TTC

Bacon (and lurkers)

I was just thinking about people just don't stick around long enough to really get to know us. And I was thinking about when I first started posting here - nobody really knew me (except Staycee and Chrys, but Chrys only knew me sortof). Anyway, most of you guys were reserved about me for a while - I had to be here, join in, be supportive, discuss poop and fartbars, etc. for a while before I got my badge of acceptance. It seems very few people understand this.

Anyway, I thought you disliked me for the longest time! How weird, huh? It was probably just your twisted sense of humor combined with you not knowing me. Anyway, it proves my point that if someone is cool, sticks around and isn't a douche, they will eventually be a full-fledged STTTC'er, right?

This post is random, but I know you love me now, so it was all worth it.

Big Smile 

Re: Bacon (and lurkers)

• I lurked here. The day I intro'd someone gave me the side eye, saying she'll have to "wait and see" or something like. I forget who she was and she is clearly no longer around.
  • I lurked here too.

I'm sure I've been side-eyed plenty.  And I'm sure I've side-eyed my share of newbs. But, I totally agree with you. It's SO worth it to stick around and play along. There's some amazing people here. 

Including, of course, you, Dip, I sure did side-eye you at some point... Which is weird, because I've never been a "regular"... But I spph you now.

• Loading the player...
  • imagemmariluh:

I lurked here too.

I'm sure I've been side-eyed plenty.  And I'm sure I've side-eyed my share of newbs. But, I totally agree with you. It's SO worth it to stick around and play along. There's some amazing people here. 

Including, of course, you, Dip, I sure did side-eye you at some point... Which is weird, because I've never been a "regular"... But I spph you now.

Dude- I was literally, I mean literally just thinking of you.

What have you been up to? 

• Mandy!!! I read about your ahem. Troubles. I'm always lurking, usually. I'm working a lot. Waiting for the layoff, which could happen anytime within the next two years. Still barren, lots of times depressed, following way too many mommy bloggers and twitterers and always thinking of you girls.
  • imagemmariluh:
    Mandy!!! I read about your ahem. Troubles. I'm always lurking, usually. I'm working a lot. Waiting for the layoff, which could happen anytime within the next two years. Still barren, lots of times depressed, following way too many mommy bloggers and twitterers and always thinking of you girls.

I feel ya on the blogs and twitter.  I went through a purged a lot of blogs.

And wouldn't you know I followed about ten people in the last two weeks or so that had infertility mentioned in their name or description.

About seven have announced they were pregnant in the last week. 

I couldn't believe it. 

• I lurked here, and agree 100%. If people stick around they'd realize what an amazing support group exists on this board. I was nervous when i first came on because I'm not super snarky, but I stuck around and ended up getting such amazing support.
    2.5 yrs TTC #1 - DX = Stage IV Endo, Lap performed Jan 2010
    TTC #1 - May 2010 - IUI #3: BFP 
    TTC #2 - May 2012 -IUI #2: BFP
    TTC #3 - Jan 2013 -Surprise BFP!
    Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • I don't remember not liking you. Did I ever say or do something that would have made you think that?

Regardless... I lurve you now. :) 

• I remember I was so nervous the day I intro'd here. I started on GP at the exact same time this board was formed, and I remember I asked a really dumb question and got flamed by people on here for it, and I got my panties all in a bunch over it. And then I lurked here for like a year, partially because I was told I'd have TTTC, and partially because, after I got over being flamed, I was like "these girls are hilarious." I'm so glad to have gotten to know you all, because you are awesome :D
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • (o)(o)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I feel the need for the group hug photo right now.

<3 you all.

I Can't Resist Those Chubby Cheeks

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Dx with endo & blocked left tube - TTC #1 for 29 cycles before miracle BFP, #2 - Surprise!!
    My TTC/PG blog / Panda Phenomenon Explained
  • Panda hugs for everyone.

TTC #2, Operative hysteroscopy March 2011; IVF #1 long lupron protocol April 2011-cancelled due to poor response; IVF #2 flare protocol May 2011=hospitalization due to abdominal hemorrhage during ER and no fert due to MFI issues. Moving onto international adoption from Moldova January 2013!
  • imagemb~zf:

I don't remember not liking you. Did I ever say or do something that would have made you think that?

Regardless... I lurve you now. :) 

I don't think it was anything specific, it was just the general side eye that everyone gets. Plus I think I broke some golden rules! Regardless, I didn't take anything personally, I stuck around and let you guys get to know me, and that's why you love me, right?

You too Mmariluh!!! I probably deserved some side eyes Stick out tongue

• ( O )( O )

just for dip.  b/c she's awesome

Baby Boy O born 4/5/2010, 7lbs 14oz, 20", at 38w by c-section due to pre-e & failed induction
  • So many amazing girls here. Love you all.
  • ::approaches podium::

Hi. I figured I should take this opportunity to introduce myself. I've been lurking for a while, not specifically this board, but was sucked in by the snark - I like it.

I'm 33, newly married, I have a 5 year old Vizsla that I love to death, and yes I dress him up for Halloween. Also Christmas. And St Pattys day. I may have a problem.

I like white wine, margaritas, cookies, and skim milk. Also big on my list are carbs, pizza, reading, and cake. Hmm. Maybe I should make exercising a priority. Nah.

Anyways, I mostly lurk, but sometimes reply and didn't want to be the douchebag in the corner who butts in and doesn't introduce herself first. 

So, Hi.

::Backs away from the podium:: 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Excited, welcome. It can be a fun board and we need more regular posters. You've already said the magic words of not wanting to be a douche.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"