Toddlers: 24 Months+

Moms of 2 - 2.5 year olds

How old is your DC, what do they weigh and what size clothing do they wear? I'm having a hard time deciding what size to buy DS for winter clothes - 18 months or 24 months.

DS just turned two in September. At his two year checkup, he was 25 pounds even. For the most part, he's wearing 18 months now, but some of his shirts (not all) are starting to get a bit small. He does have a few shirts that are 2T or 24 months, and though they are just a little big, they fit pretty good. Pants are harder. He fits in 18 month pants pretty good. But, even when its time for him to move up a size in pants to 24 months, I know they will be WAY too long because he's short just like DH and I (and our families).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Moms of 2 - 2.5 year olds

• Well my son will be 2 next month and I only buy him 2T or 24 month because anything less we would not get enough use out of them. He is pretty average sized.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • M is 25 mos, weighs 22lbs, 34" tall and wearing mostly 24mos clothes, but definitely has some 12 & 18 mo clothes too. She's wearing a size 12 mo winter coat from last year. 

he can ear 2t, but only because it's cut slimmer. 

• Loading the player...
  • DD turned 2 last month, is 25 lbs, 35" and is in mostly 2T, but some 3T shirts - her belly hangs out in some of the 2T's.  She could get by with 18 month pants, but is mostly in 2T since they'll last longer. 
  • Ds had his 2yr appt a couple of wks ago, 29.5 lbs & 38" (Dh & I are both tall w/ long legs). It was so much easier dressing him in the warm weather, now I have to buy him 3T tops so the sleeves are long enough but 2t pants which are still falling off his little behind!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • At her 2 yr appointment my DD was 25.6lbs and 33.5".  She is 2.5 now and just starting to really fit into 2T stuff.  She mainly wore 24month or 2T stuff over the summer.  I think it is easier to get by with bigger in summer and I figure she will still fit into it next spring.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD is 2.5.  She weighs 27 lbs, and she's 36in tall.  She wears 2T pants and 3T shirts. 
  • DD is 31 months tomorrow and weighs 28 lbs and she's 33.75 inches.  She just recently starting fitting into her 2T clothes.  Although some 2T jeans are still too big.  I would probably go with 2T as long as your LO is of average or taller height. 
    Married 05/27/07 ~ Emilee Lucille born 04/01/08 ~ Ella Marie 2/15/12 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DS is 32 months and he wears 24 month and 2T pants and 3T shirts. 
  • DS is almost 2.5 (will be 3 in June) He weighs close to 40lb's and wears 4T tops and 3T bottoms (they some times need to be rolled depending on the brand)
  • DD is 31 months and is in all 3Ts.  She's 29lbs. and about 37in. tall.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • DS was 2 in Sept and weighed in at 30 lbs.  I've been buying 2t tops and adjustable waist 2T/24 month bottoms.  His 18 month pants from spring fit perfectly, but they aren't going to last through the winter.  The 2Ts are too long, but I just roll them and adjust to the smallest waist.
  • My DD is 2.5 and weighs 28lbs and is about 37-38 inches now. I am going to have to move her to 3T pants very very soon because most are getting short but the adjustable waist is pulled in. For shorts she was wear 18 months mostly but they were getting to be booty shorts lol. Her shirts are def 3T because if not the length is too short and her belly hangs out if she raises her hands. 
    Addison Elizabeth
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Carter James
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DS is 2 (25 months) and weighs 27lb.  He's in a 2T in some brands and 24 months in others. 
    the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • DS is a little over 2.5, is 31lbs and 36" tall. He still wears some of his 18-24 month pants from Old Navy but they're a little short. Any pants I buy, I get 2T even though for the most part they're too loose (good on length though). I hate to buy something he isn't going to fit in much longer so I'm getting 2T with the adjusters if I can find them. Old Navy, Kohls, Target shirts I'm buying 3T. They're a little big but I thought it would be nice to have some shirts he could fit in next fall too. We went into this season with virtually no shirts, nothing from last year fit so I buying a little bigger this year for longevity.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • at her 2 year appt, sawyer was 21lbs. she wears 12 mo skirts, 2T (adjustable to the smallest, but she's tall) pants and 18-24 shirts :)

she's tiny!  

aidan kincaid (12.19.06) sawyer grace (7.30.08) 
    reese madeline (5.11.10) miller paige (2.6.12)
    girl #5 due december 2013.

13 galveston1

IG: punkfictionv4

• My daughter is 2 1/2.  She just had her 2 1/2 year check-up and she weighed 23.8 pounds.  She is tiny.  She can still fit into her 2T shirts, but they were all short sleeve, so she is wearing mostly all 3T long sleeve shirts now.  They fit her really good, I just have to fold the sleeves up about an inch.  As for pants, the 2T's are too short, but finally fit her waist.  We are starting to move into the 3T pants as well.  They are too big around her waist, so the cotton pants I have to fold them over and the jeans she only can wear them if they have the adjustable waist in them.

girls photo zvczv.jpg

• DS is 2 today! My mom weighs him every time he's over and said he's about 27lbs. He's at least 34 or 35" tall. He can fit in 18mo pants, but they're too short. 24mo/2T pants are the perfect length but most are too big in the waist. I went with this size, though, hoping they're not too short before spring. He can still easily fit into 2T shirts, but many of the long sleeve ones are too short in the arms, so I bought all 3T for the winter. He only looks silly in a couple of them.
  • Yeah, I'm probably not going to be much help. DS has been in 3 year clothes (equivalent 3T) since early summer (just before his birthday). He has some 2T things, mostly PJs, where a bit of a short length doesn't matter, but all his tops and most of his trousers are 3. I have no idea how tall he is, but fairly tall< and he's 35-40lbs, and has been for a good few months.
    Mum to W (4) and M (nearly 2)
  • DS just turned 2.  He's 26.5 lbs and 34 3/4 inches tall.  He's kind of in between sizes right now.  He can wear either 24 months or 2T tops, but 18 month pants are too short and 24 month pants are too big in the waist.  We're just trying to buy pants that have belt loops so that we can size up for length.
    Happily Married since 7/2006
    DC #1 10/2008 TTC #2 since 1/2010
    Natural miscarriage @ 5w3d 1/2011 Chemical pregnancy 4/2011
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Sounds like our LOs are nothing alike and I won't be much help, but DS will be 2 Tuesday.  He's 37" and 37lbs.  Wears 3T pants & 4T tops.  My little tackle : )
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • DD turned 2 in July.

At her last appt she was just 23 lbs. She is wearing 24 month bottoms right now (for length. They are falling off of her in every other way. lol) and can wear 24 month and 2 T tops. They seem to fit her the same (and can't fall off so I dont mind the 2T size).

She wears a size 7 shoes and is growing in to them.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemomtoRaegan041008:
    My daughter is 2 1/2.  She just had her 2 1/2 year check-up and she weighed 23.8 pounds.  She is tiny.  She can still fit into her 2T shirts, but they were all short sleeve, so she is wearing mostly all 3T long sleeve shirts now.  They fit her really good, I just have to fold the sleeves up about an inch.  As for pants, the 2T's are too short, but finally fit her waist.  We are starting to move into the 3T pants as well.  They are too big around her waist, so the cotton pants I have to fold them over and the jeans she only can wear them if they have the adjustable waist in them.

this is so fascinating lol

at almost the exact same weight (bc she has gained some since her appt im sure), what different sizes my kid wears to yours, kwim?  so funny.

aidan kincaid (12.19.06) sawyer grace (7.30.08) 
    reese madeline (5.11.10) miller paige (2.6.12)
    girl #5 due december 2013.

13 galveston1

IG: punkfictionv4

• DS is about 26 pounds and 34ish inches. ?He fits pretty well into 24month pants, but we did buy him 2T ones for the winter. ?I don't really mind if they're long, I just roll the bottom, the problem for us is always the waist. ?He could probably do an 18 month waist, but it would be too short. ?The 2T old navy and Gap pants have an adjustable waist which helps.

He's 2T in shirts.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • DS1 will be 2.5 next month.  He weighs 24lb at the moment and wears mostly 24mos.  He needs 18mos in the waist for pants but they are too short.  He can wear some 2T but it has to be running a little on the small side and anything 3T has to be running extremely small for him to wear (he does have a couple of 3T shirts he can wear because of it running so small).

He goes to bed around 8:30pm and wakes up usually between 7-7:30am but I'm having to wake him up these days it seems.

imageimage
  • T turned 2 this month weights 30lbs and is 3 feet tall.  He wears 2T-3T in shirts (has a very long torso), and 24months-2T in pants.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"