Cloth Diapering

Washing one diaper?

Morning all!

I posted here last week. I am thinking about transitioning to cloth and purchased my first BG. I got it yesterday in the mail and need to wash it first.

I'm going to just wash it seperate. I have the cover and 2 liners. The instructions say to wash in 1/4 of the recommended detergent. I have a HE washer. It is such a small load, how much detergent should I use?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Washing one diaper?

• Since it is synthetic fibers it really doesn't need to be prepped.  It just needs to be washed to get manufacturing and shipping stuff off.  I would probably use a drop or two of detergent and hand wash in the sink.  Or I would throw in with a load of something else using CD safe detergent and then give the diaper an extra rinse.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagejulygal:
    Since it is synthetic fibers it really doesn't need to be prepped.  It just needs to be washed to get manufacturing and shipping stuff off.  I would probably use a drop or two of detergent and hand wash in the sink.  Or I would throw in with a load of something else using CD safe detergent and then give the diaper an extra rinse.

This.  I would throw it in with my baby's regular clothes laundry b/c I use Country Save (CD safe detergent) for her clothes, too.  No special prepping is necessary.   

• Loading the player...
  • I wash mine with the towels since I don't use fabric softener on them either.
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    The Bee Hive Blog
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!
    25 Weeks - GOAL MET 52.2 Pounds gone! 27 Weeks Total Pounds Lost: 54.0
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"