Toddlers: 24 Months+

Do you go by months anymore?

Whenever someone says how old their child is in months AFTER the age of 2, I really have to stop and think about how old they are.  Just sayin.

imageLilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Do you go by months anymore?

• I just say "two and a half." I think people in general get kinda confused if you throw out anything over 24 months. lol
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers image
  • I usually say he turned 2 in June. It doesn't seem like just saying "2" is enough because there's a big different between, like, turned 2 yesterday and 2 years + 11 months. Although I'm sure people asking really don't care that much. Soon I'll probably start saying 2.5.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • if it weren't for my ticker below, i wouldn't really know what DD is in months either because time is just flying right now like crazy. 

and i agree that at 24 months, it's really time to stop the month-counting when someone asks casually.  i might even say the same after 18 months. 

same goes for pregnancy... depending on whom i'm talking to, i'll answer in months (even if i prefer weeks) just because it's easier for some to interpret (non-moms mostly).

• I stopped saying months after she turned 18 months, then I'd say "a year and a half" and now I say "almost 2". Most of the time I forget how many months she is, lol. oops
  • Nope, I have a 2 1/2 yo and a 15mo.  Soon, I will say "He'll be 3 in Feb."

Before I had kids, I remember a friend saying her kid was 33mo and I was like "Huh???"  I even had a friend give me a hard time for saying DS1 was 14mo!

Caleb.02.01.08 | Asher.07.06.09 | Jude.01.19.12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mama Jan's Kitchen... a food blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • image*sallymad*:
    I stopped saying months after she turned 18 months, then I'd say "a year and a half" and now I say "almost 2". Most of the time I forget how many months she is, lol. oops

Same here! But I say 2.5 now :) 

Addison Elizabeth
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Carter James
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I just say 2.5.

M's swim classes have oddly specific age ranges. Whenever I do phone sign up for the next session they're like, "Now is she 20-26 months because that's Advanced Tots. But Puddlejumpers runs from 27-36 months." I'm like, "Wait, what? Hold on a sec. ::: brief mental math break ::: Um, she's 31 months, I think?" It's odd. I feel like the indoor pool and WTETTY are the only people ever who count in months are 24... Stick out tongue

• I was saying just turned 2 but now I'm saying 2 and a quarter. The months would just confuse me now.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageShanJosh777:
    I usually say he turned 2 in June. It doesn't seem like just saying "2" is enough because there's a big different between, like, turned 2 yesterday and 2 years + 11 months. Although I'm sure people asking really don't care that much. Soon I'll probably start saying 2.5.

Same here. I normally say that DS just turned two in September. Early next spring, I'll be saying 2.5, and then a couple months after that, that he'll be three in September.  

I don't know why, but when I post on the Nest, I tend to say DS's age in months. Strange that's not how I refer to his age IRL. 

• HAH, no!  I don't even remember how many months he is.  After 2, I just said "2" or "2 and a half."  I guess as time gets closer (eek, 3 in February!), I'll say, "He'll be 3 in February."
  • I do when I am talking to others that have small children. My Mom asked me why I say their age in months at this point and I told her there is a big difference between a 2 year old that is 25 months and a 2 year old that is 35 months. They are on a completely different levels of everything. Now once they get to 2 1/2 I will probably stop saying their age in months so much.
  • imageShanJosh777:
    I usually say he turned 2 in June. It doesn't seem like just saying "2" is enough because there's a big different between, like, turned 2 yesterday and 2 years + 11 months. Although I'm sure people asking really don't care that much. Soon I'll probably start saying 2.5.
    That's what I say "She turned 2 in July" lol
    1. Going by months after 2 is ludicrous.  At this point I basically say 2.5 (or almost 2.5). 
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"