Military Families

when deployed

what anniversary or bday gifts have you sent to your spouses? TIA
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: when deployed

• havent had a chance yet were just got married
  • If he's in the dessert I send him some small gifts like books, photos, and candy and will save his real present for when he comes home. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks that is what I figured, we usually do massage or weekends away and last deployment his R&R was near our anniversary so I had no clue what to do. I will just wait and send a card.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • NSLNSL member
    A card along with a photo of somewhere you'd like to go for a getaway when he comes home would be even better.  Give him something to look forward to!
  • Well my husband was in the middle of nowhere Afghanistan, so I sent him a water heater. He said it was the best gift ever bc they could heat water to fill their shower bags with and have hot showers. :) Also they could make coffee or hot cocoa. Its getting cold over there right now so this might be a good idea. You can get them at target for like 25 bucks. :) And they fit in the flat rate boxes too!!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageMamaO-strike:
    Well my husband was in the middle of nowhere Afghanistan, so I sent him a water heater. He said it was the best gift ever bc they could heat water to fill their shower bags with and have hot showers. :) Also they could make coffee or hot cocoa. Its getting cold over there right now so this might be a good idea. You can get them at target for like 25 bucks. :) And they fit in the flat rate boxes too!!

Thanks for this idea, Im probably going to do this.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've sent a cake and cupcakes on his birthday.  He said they were still very moist!  I put a few pieces of bread slices in there.  My boxes get pretty creative.  Every holiday I send party favors and candy and pics etc.
  • I have the same dilemma as you. My husband just got to Afghanistan and his birthday is next week.. I was thinking of just sending him food, but that water heater idea is awesome. I'll probably do both. And of course a photo of my baby belly :)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"