Multiples
Options

Baby scale

Ok since being in the NICU for a month I want to be able to monitor the girls weights. We are going to weekly check in's for weight at pediatricians but I just think for my piece of mind I would like a scale at home.

Did anyone do this? What kind and wear?

TIA

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Baby scale

• Options
    I found one at target on clearance but they still make and sell them ...it's the american red cross baby scale. My baby b was only 4lb 5oz when she came home and I was breast feeding so it came in handy for us and gave me peace of mind.
  • Options
    kegkeg member
    We bought an electronic scale off of amazon and I liked having it.  I think it may have been this one.
    2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We rented a Medela one from the lactation center.  It was able to weigh exactly to the ounce, so we could weigh each baby before and after they BF to see how well they were doing. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Yep!

My girls had trouble gaining weight in the hospital and at home, so we were on the weekly weight check thing also.

I bought the Red Cross Baby Scale at BRU....it plays music (we didn't need it, but just to help you identify it).

Once my pedi saw that I had a handle on when the girls were/weren't gaining enough (because I weighed them on our scale), I didn't have to go in for weight checks, and only brought them in if something looked funny.

It also provided huge peace of mind.

Here comes Baby #3! BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

I got one and I love it.

I have a Graco scale.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageshellshavintwins:
    I found one at target on clearance but they still make and sell them ...it's the american red cross baby scale. My baby b was only 4lb 5oz when she came home and I was breast feeding so it came in handy for us and gave me peace of mind.

This!  I was so excited when I found it on sale!  I'm still weight DS on it and he's 20 months old!  I'm glad I have it with twins on the way because I'm sure I'll be even more concerned about their weight gain, ESPECIALLY if they are as skinny as my son!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I did get a scale after they came home from the NICU.  Aftery seeing there weights so often, I was paranoid. Basically, I didn't want to have to bring them back to the dr's office unless it was necessary and wanted to make sure they were gaining weight ok at home.

I think mine is a red cross one from BRU. It plays music, which they seemed to like when they got a little older.

*Siggy Warning*

About me  2007: Started TTC. 2008: OB prescribed clomid, went to RE and was Dx with PCOS. 2009: IUI #1 w/follitsim and trigger = BFP. B/G Twins born at 33 weeks. 2012: TTC #3, Round 2 of Letrozole w/TI = BFP, missed m/c at 8 1/2 wks. Currently on the bench as we make plans for a new home. Anxious to start TTC #3 within the next year!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"