Stay at Home Moms

Moms of 2-3 year olds - sleep question

If your 2-3 year old still naps, how long is their nap? What time do they go to bed and what time do they wake up?

My DD is 2.5 and has always been a fantastic napper - sleeps every day for a good 2 hours. Lately she's been getting up super early - 5:30am and i don't know why. I'm thinking maybe the 2 hour nap is too much? She probably falls asleep between 7:30 and 8:00. I thought I read that 13 hours is a good amount of sleep for her age, but maybe she needs less?

Re: Moms of 2-3 year olds - sleep question

• He still naps for a couple of hours, give or take. I put him in his room between 12:30-1:00 and he plays for a while, then sacks out. He also goes to be at 7:30 and usually wakes up about 6:30.
  • Nap? What nap? ::sigh::

We took the paci away a few months ago (only got it at nap/bedtime) now hewon't nap at all without it. Well, he will fall asleep inthe car for 10 minutes and wake up an absolute bear so that doesn't count IMO.

Mine is over tired by 5pm and runs around hyper and exhausted. Bedtime is 7:30pm and he's usually up by 6:30-7AM. 

• Loading the player...
  • Parker is just over three and still naps.  She usually wakes between 7 and 7:30 and sleeps an hour (more like an hour and a half on school days) and goes to bed at 7:30, but sometimes closer to 8.

5:30 would kill me.  I'd try skimping a bit of time off her nap, or extending her bedtime.

• My 2.5yr old is up at 730am- naps for 2hrs (1-3p) and goes down at 730pm. Been this way since she turned 1. I will definitely mourn the day she doesn't nap. she is just a BIG BALL of energy- she needs the down time for sure.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Both of my children go to bed at 8/8:30p and sleep until 7:30a. DD just turned 2 and usually naps for 2-3 hours(1-3/4p). DS is 3.5yr and still naps for about 1.5 hours give or take 30 minutes.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • My 2.5 year old only sleeps 11-12 hours in a 24 hour period (usually closer to 11).  She sleeps 9-10 hours at night and naps 1-2 hours during the day.  She's always been on the lower end of the sleep spectrum, though.
  • DD#2 dropped her naps right before she turned 2.  She'll conk out wherever when the day gets to be too much for her, but it's not very often.  She goes to bed around 9pm and will sleep until 8:30am.

While I miss nap times, putting her down for one and having both her and DS be okay with it (and not having to fight a battle over it) would be a waste of time.

DD#1~8/17/96------DS~10/24/05 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • my dd only naps about half the time. she'll be out for 2-3 hours. she gets up at 7-8 and goes to bed between 8-9. there's not too much difference in bedtime on nap days.
    imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • My son JUST dropped his nap.  He used to sleep for about 2 hours (sometimes longer) in the afternoon and for about 9 hours at night.  Now that he doesn't nap, he still sleeps the same amount - just all at night (about 11 hours).  For us, I think the reason his nap was dropped is because I just started to stay at home, and when I worked, I interrupted his sleep by having him going to bed very late (I worked two evenings a week) or waking up very early for us to get out of the house and him to daycare. 
    Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • DS naps 2-3 hours everyday.He goes to be bed at 8 and wakes up around 7. Lately, he started waking up very early at around 5:30 or 6. I think maybe it's the change in weather or something odd, because his naps were getting shorter too. I kept trying to get the nap back, so I kept up the routine and now he seems to be getting back to the nice long nap and sleeping in. Actually, he slept from 8 to 8 the last 2 days and also had good naps so I'm hoping this is our new schedule. 
  • My son will be 4 in January.  He still naps.  Usually he gets a 2 hour nap during the week.  On the weekends he's been known to nap 3 hours.  Bedtime for all kids is 7 in our house.  He is up (and big brother too) at about 6:30 every morning.  During the week he goes to school, but since he's used to getting up so early he gets up at that time on the weekends too. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My almost 3-yr old goes to bed around 7:30/8:00 and gets up around 7/7:30.  She naps about 1-2 hours after lunchtime. 

A couple of months ago, she was getting up at 5:30/6:00ish every morning too.  I guess it was just a phase she went through because she stopped doing it evenutally and I didn't really change anything. 

Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"