Nurseries and Baby Gear

Do I need a double stroller?

I just found out Im pregnant with number 2, DS will be 26 months when the new little one is born.  I have about 9 months to figure this out lol  I just have not been around children before my own, and Im not sure if DS is going to want to be in a stroller at that age, or shortly after.  I have been looking at the sit n stand one, and the typical double stroller where they sit one behind the other.  Do 2 year olds take naps while out and about?  I feel silly asking this stuff

Re: Do I need a double stroller?

• T2 will be just 3 when T3 comes along, I decided just to wait it out and see where we are at that point. Right now, he still uses his stroller, naps in it when we are out and about and will not walk independently and hold my hand for long periods of time. I am just doing my research now and picking out both a double stroller and sit and stand that we like and then will purchase when we are ready and see what will better suit our needs
    David John 4.19.01
    Jonathan Dean 4.5.08
    Anna Capri 5.4.11
  • My DD is almost 3 and still rides in one.  I can't imagine going to the zoo shopping without her in one.  I have a Phil and Teds which I love because it can be a double or a single.  I didn't consider getting a side by side because I know I can use the Phil and Teds much longer.

• Loading the player...
  • DS will be nearly 3 when DD is born.  I was not going to get a double stroller at first.  But then we went on vacation without a stroller and I realized that he really still needs one for certain occasions.  There are just times when I need to be able strap him in and keep him contained.  I can imagine that if I felt that way when I was just chasing him that I would REALLY be needing one when I'm also dealing with another baby!  But I do think that it's something that you can wait and see if you need it.  You don't have to have it the minute #2 is born, you know?

• DD will be exactly 2.5 yo when DS is born, so I think I am going to wait it out.  I very seldom put my DD in a stroller because she hates to be contained.  This is the same reason why she never liked the jumperoo, exersaucer, walker, etc...  She screams at the top of her lungs until I take her out of the stroller or any other product that is confining her to one spot.  If she does not scream, I know she is in the stroller trying to unbuckle herself and climb out.  When I take her to amusement parks and to the zoo I usually put her in a wagon.  I guess I'll see how it goes when DS arrives.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm going to wait like pp.  I figure I can wear the baby for the first few months and DS can continue to ride in his stroller or wagon.  I also have a snap n go for the baby's carseat, when I have the baby but not DS, or DS can walk.

We'll evaluate and do some shopping once we have both LO's and see what our needs are.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My son was 21 months when DS2 was born.  I bought a double stroller where they sit one behind the other(thinking he'd need to ride) and wish a had bought the sit and stand instead.  My oldest needed to sit once in a while when he got tired, but most of the time he wanted to walk/run along side me.  Having a stroller with a place he could perch on to rest and then get up and go again would have been great!  He also wouldn't take naps...he's just too interested in everything going on.  Don't feel silly!  I had your same questions.

• Check out the Phil and Ted. It can be used as a single and a double.

My two year old still naps while we are out. I nanny a newborn and use the P&T and it is awesome. 

• DS will be 24 months when DD comes and I know I'll need a double stroller. I can't imagine going anywhere without having my toddler contained! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"