May 2011 Moms
Options

Vaccine Question

When I asked a pediatrician on my office (not the one we normally see) if it would be ok for DD to get the MMR shot while I was pregnant was ok and he just kinda shrugged his shoulders ( I had just found out I was pregnant).So I just shrugged it off and thought nothing of it.

Now DD has broken out in a rash from hers (which I know is totally normal) and I had my MMR booster when I was 17, so I should be immune. But off the top of your heads, anyone know or asked their doctor about if it's possible for the baby to be exposed or am I just being a  total pregnant spaz? I am going to the OB on Monday and I am going to ask, but obviously there is nothing I can do about it now. I am just a worrier at heart and now I can't get it out of my mind!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Vaccine Question

• Options

haha whether or not you're being a "pregnant spaz" is really a sidenote ;)

DD should not have a rash from the MMR shot as it should NOT be a live virus.  And, even if it was and she miraculously got it (usually it's such a weak virus no one gets it), you're immune so it should not be a problem.  Remember that the baby uses your blood right now and has all the immunities you have.  I hope that helps 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"