Nurseries and Baby Gear

do you wash stuffed toys before using them?

I bought LO a bunch of Jellycat stuffies; do I need to wash these like I would clothing before using them?   Obviously I have some time before she will be playing with them but just curious.

Re: do you wash stuffed toys before using them?

• I'm washing everything.
    dx PCOS on Metformin
    LO#1 - 19 cycles, 3 IUIs, 1 m/c, gonal-f, ganirelix, ovidrel, progesterone
    Totally worth the wait!
    Getting ready for #2
    Back on Met, PCOS diet, prepping for treatments 1/12

Good luck to the wonderful ladies of 3T
    Always cheering on my girls Gymnst1013 & MrsJohns
    My Chart / Info for Newbies
  • I asked my sister-in-law about washing babies toys since she has 4 kids and for things like cloth rattles and those little toy mobiles for the car seat she suggested just wiping them down with a washcloth with warm water and baby wash to get any dust or light dirt off. I haven't washed stuffed animals yet, but I planned on at least wiping down the surface of them.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I'll be washing everything.I wash my dog's stuffed toys in the washer every so often, so I plan to wash our son's toys too. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • For most animals- no.  My son is 3 and barely touches them.  Maybe if he liked them more, I might.  However, I'm afraid of them not drying out completely and getting moldy or other issues.  I would much rather dry clean them - there is some bag you buy that has the cleaner in it and you throw it in the dryer.  Right now I just wipe them down a little.

3 IUI's and 2 IVF's later- Brady arrived. Born at 36 weeks after PUPPS and pre-e/HELLP.
    IUI- BFN IVF #1 -BFP! Allie is our 2nd IVF baby. Born at 36 1/2 weeks after pre-e again
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

• I do as I think LO will probably end up licking or chewing on them

I throw them in the washer and then in the dryer

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"