Houston Babies

Night #1 - Sleep Training an Almost 3-year-old

This is now the 27th time of taking E back to her bed using the "silent return" method.  I'm tired of it taking at least an hour every night of singing and back-rubbing to get her to fall asleep.  She'll eventually get tired tonight...right?!!

Re: Night #1 - Sleep Training an Almost 3-year-old

• imagemrs.littlejeans:
    This is now the 27th time of taking E back to her bed using the "silent return" method.  I'm tired of it taking at least an hour every night of singing and back-rubbing to get her to fall asleep.  She'll eventually get tired...right?!!

G got tired at 12:30 last night.  Yes I feel you.  She is old enough maybe you can make her take herself back to bed.  

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagecharlotteL:

imagemrs.littlejeans:
    This is now the 27th time of taking E back to her bed using the "silent return" method.  I'm tired of it taking at least an hour every night of singing and back-rubbing to get her to fall asleep.  She'll eventually get tired...right?!!

G got tired at 12:30 last night.  Yes I feel you.  She is old enough maybe you can make her take herself back to bed.  

Oh, boy.  Well, 66 times later, she's asleep.  We'll see how many times it takes tomorrow night. 

• Loading the player...
  • imagemrs.littlejeans:
    imagecharlotteL:

imagemrs.littlejeans:

Oh, boy.  Well, 66 times later, she's asleep.  We'll see how many times it takes tomorrow night. 

Wow, you have amazing patience.  I could never follow through with that. 

• imagesavannah11:
    imagemrs.littlejeans:
    imagecharlotteL:

imagemrs.littlejeans:

Wow, you have amazing patience.  I could never follow through with that. 

Me neither!  I'm anxious to hear how many times it takes tonight.

• Is she coming into your room or needed to go potty (if when she doesn't need to go)?  We give one time as a pass.  But when we tuck her back in, we let her know that if she gets out of bed again then we'll take away (insert whatever lovey she's holding for the night).  She normally cries when I say it (meaning I picked the right object) and she doesn't come out. 
    Lisa. mommy to Emmy and Ally image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"