VBAC
Options

Recommend your VBAC reading here

I think the hardest thing for me with childbirth and VBAC's specifically is getting good information.

If you have any books, articles, or anything else that you think are particularly helpful regarding VBAC's, please post them here.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Recommend your VBAC reading here

• Options

While it's not specifically VBAC related, I really liked Ina May's Guide to Natural Childbirth.  Has a ton of natural childbirth stories in the 1st part of the book, and just the vaginal birth rates that she's able to have was able to give me a bit more of a feeling that despite whatever happened last time that I was capable of giving birth.

Interested in hearing other's suggestions.  I've thought about trying to read The Silent Knife, as I've seen that on some VBAC reading lists. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It is not entirely about VBAC's but it is very interesting, they do cover information on VBACS! the movies "The business of being born"
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by Ina May Gaskin

The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth by Henci Goer

Both are great.  Ina May is definitely on the crunchy side but overall has some really good info and I think her book is inspiring.  TWG focuses on routine hospital interventions and the science behind them, using the information to help you have a healthy birth that avoids interventions that are unnecessary or not backed by scientific evidence.  Both books have VBAC chapters. 

I have a bunch of websites bookmarked, I'll try to look through them later. 

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I'm hoping that when we eventually get a mod, there'll be a sticky at the top of the board with recommended reading.

In the meantime, here's a link to a previous post about it Smile

• Options

Pushed:  The Painful Truth About Childbirth and Modern Maternity Care by Jennifer Block

I'm also reading the Thinking Womans Guide, which Iris listed.

• Options
    1. Ina May's Guide to Childbirth (Ina May Gaskin) 
    2. The VBAC Companion (Diana Korte)
    3. Birth After Cesarean (Bruce L. Flamm, MD)
    4. The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth (Henci Goer) 
    5. The VBAC Handbook (Helen Churchill/Wendy Sage) 
    6. Natural Childbirth After Cesarean (Karis Crawford/Johanne Walters) 
    7. Open Season (Nancy Cohen) **emotional read** 
    8. Silent Knife (Nancy Cohen/Lois Estner) **emotional read** 
    9. Your Best Birth (Ricki Lake/Abby Epstein)
    10. Pushed (Jennifer Block)

I also highly recommend reading Birthing From Within, as it has truly helped me understand and appreciate my body in ways I had not expected.  HTH.

~Sweet Girl *8/18/08* c-section ~ Sweet Boy *12/2/10* VBAC ~ Sweet Boy *8/14/12* VBAC~ 

VBAC Birth Story    2VBAC Birth Story  

• Options

ICAN's VBAC birth story blog archive - they have 40+ VBAC (and c-section) birth stories. Good reads!

https://blog.ican-online.org/tag/cam/

DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Options
    imageMrs.tlcS:

I'm hoping that when we eventually get a mod, there'll be a sticky at the top of the board with recommended reading.

In the meantime, here's a link to a previous post about it Smile

Are we going to get a mod?  A lot of the specialty boards don't have them. 

But I agree that it would be great to have a list of VBAC resources that we can point people to.   

Big sister {September 2008} Sweet boy {April 2011} Fuzzy Bundle {ETA July 2014}

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"