December 2010 Moms
Options

Belly Bandit Deal

I saw a post on the 3rd tri that The Bamboo Belly Bandit is on sale at diapers.com I also used a code to get 15% off. The code is AFF15PCT. I thik it is for first time customers only.  Right now I am sitting here with it in the shopping cart trying to convince myself if I should get it or not. The total with tax is $46.62. And shipping is free. My OB said it is a crock of sh!t but after reading reviews I think I might try it. Especially since I am having a csection and had a really hard time slimming down after DS.

Has anyone ordered one or have any insight on this?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Belly Bandit Deal

• Options
    Do it!  I just ordered mine with the same deal.  I'm surprised your OB is so against them, especially since most doctors recommend a girdle of some kind after a c-section...
      norathe girlsamelia
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Since you are having a c-section I think the hospital gives you a girdle type thing that your wrap around your belly to help keep things..... secure.

My sister got one and it's pretty much the same thing as a belly bandit but you can make it smaller and smaller depending on how tight you wrap it. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I was thinking about ordering one but I am stuck on which size to order!!!  according to the site you should go by how you measure in your 8th  month.  well I'm in my 8th month and my belly is 37 in which would mean I'm on the big side of a size small, but all of the reviews say it seems to run big or that you shrink up so much in the first few days PP that you end up needing the next size down from what they recommend.  I feel like if I order a small it's going to end up loose after a week and then I'll basically have wasted all that money for nothing, because if it's not snug fitting it's not gonna do anything..  but I also don't wanna order an XS and then not be able to get myself into it Sad

I dunno.  I know they say to start wearing it immediately after giving birth, but I was planning on starting to wear it once I'm home from the hospital, so 2 days after giving birth, so hopefully I'd shrink up some on my own just while in the hospital.   

I realize I'm just talking to myself, here, but that's the dilemma I'm having hahaha

• Options

An RN I know told me to ask the hospital this time around since they didn't offer me anything after my 1st csection. She said it would help right after the C. I asked my OB about this and the BB and he said don't bother with either and the only way to shrink your waist is diet and exercise. I am leaning toward ignoring what he said.

BOTB I heard the same thing about the sizing. I am toward the smaller size of a large right now so I will go with a med. I think I will ask for the abdominal suport band or compression band at the hospital (what do they call them there anyway?) and then wear the BB once I get home. Since there is 15% off I am going to get my Joovy Ultralight Tandem Double Stroller too. I have it on my BRU registry but was told that my completion coupon will not work for that since it is an online only item. At least I got a free $25 gift card for registering cause the completion on the stroller was all I did it for. Oh, well. And now you got me talking to myself. lol

• Options
    I did it. My BB and stroller will be here on Tuesday. I was shocked that it would be that quick with the free shipping.
  • Options
    imageLIBride6-16-07:

An RN I know told me to ask the hospital this time around since they didn't offer me anything after my 1st csection. She said it would help right after the C. I asked my OB about this and the BB and he said don't bother with either and the only way to shrink your waist is diet and exercise. I am leaning toward ignoring what he said.

BOTB I heard the same thing about the sizing. I am toward the smaller size of a large right now so I will go with a med. I think I will ask for the abdominal suport band or compression band at the hospital (what do they call them there anyway?) and then wear the BB once I get home. Since there is 15% off I am going to get my Joovy Ultralight Tandem Double Stroller too. I have it on my BRU registry but was told that my completion coupon will not work for that since it is an online only item. At least I got a free $25 gift card for registering cause the completion on the stroller was all I did it for. Oh, well. And now you got me talking to myself. lol

it's that kind of a day!  I think I will just play it safe and order the small.  I have a feeling the XS wouldn't fit, I'm just wishful thinking haha.  I need to remember to ask when I go to my childbirth classes if they offer any compression bands (I think that's what they're referred to)  or if they would have any problems with me bringing the bandit and wearing it right away.  I'm sure I'll get looks from everybody in the class.. especially because I'm sure it will be all couples and I'll be alone.. but I don't care! lol

• Options

imageLIBride6-16-07:
    I did it. My BB and stroller will be here on Tuesday. I was shocked that it would be that quick with the free shipping.

I did it too!  I went with a small. mine isn't set to arrive until wednesday! lol I had a 10 dollar gift card from motherhood maternity but it wouldn't let me use the gift card and the 15% off code at the same time! BOO!!  so I just used the 10 dollar because the 15% was 7 dollars. :sigh:  still, $40.49 with shipping included isn't that crazy since the "cheap" brands are still 30 dollars and I did really want the bamboo one.

• Options

It's still a good price. I just didn't feel comfortable paying over $60 plus shipping.

And screw the people in your class if they think you are crazy. If they don't know about your H just let them think that you are trying to get your hot body back ASAP so you can hit the clubs right away and find a man that wants to be a baby daddy. lol

• Options
    I ordered my Bamboo Belly Bandit this morning! I was a little unsure of the sizing, but Diapers.com has great customer service so I'm sure I could always exchange if sizing is an issue.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Shop through ebates.com and get an additional 4% back too.

I've been going back and forth about getting a Belly Bandit, and I think with this deal I'm going to go for it. 

• Options
    imageLIBride6-16-07:

It's still a good price. I just didn't feel comfortable paying over $60 plus shipping.

And screw the people in your class if they think you are crazy. If they don't know about your H just let them think that you are trying to get your hot body back ASAP so you can hit the clubs right away and find a man that wants to be a baby daddy. lol

BAHAHAHA.  I will probably end up forgetting to wear my ring (I always seem to forget it at times when it'd be useful to be wearing) I might just tell em that story instead, makes for a more interesting day.  the class is from 9am to 5pm so it's gonna be a long day, I'll need something to keep it spicy haha.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"