VBAC
Options

XP - Had my amazing med-free VBAC!

I will post a full birth story soon but Matthew Christopher was born on his due date 10-20-10 weighing 6 lbs 12 oz, 20.5" after a truly incredible 12 hour birthing time/labor at home alternating between the bathtub and sitting on the toilet (the only two places that ended up being comfortable for me until the very end, when I either needed to be in child's pose or hands and knees with my head down). 

It all went pretty fast and easy, and though I was never able to get into my self-hypnosis and turn my lightswitch off (either I wasn't practiced enough or there just wasn't enough time between waves for me to get focused enough), I loved Hypnobabies because it got me into the mindset of being ABLE to have a perfect, pain-free birth, and then I ended up using my yoga breathing to get through the waves (Deep in through the nose, out through the mouth as if fogging glass).  I truly did NOT experience any sensation of "pain" with the exception of when the doctor was stretching me as he crowned.  Totally not a big deal. 

I got to the hospital complete and ready to push... my wonderful OB caught him after only 2 pushes (so I do have a pretty bad tear), and he was born alert, aware, ready to breastfeed and make eye contact... amazing.  I felt like a warrior afterwards, and I feel totally vindicated from my traumatic experience with the c-section last time... and it was awesome!!!

Re: XP - Had my amazing med-free VBAC!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"