December 2010 Moms
Options

My mom has lost her mind

My shower is tomorrow and my mom just had the realization that she never bought a gift and won't have time before hand tomorrow. She just called and asked if she could wrap some of the stuff we already bought LO....

UM???

Anyone else's mom totally lost their mind? 

Re: My mom has lost her mind

• Options

My mom yelled at me when we bought a glider. Apparently she was going to buy us one. I had NO idea and she got pissed. Okayyy, mom.

DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Yeah that would be my mother, she's now decided with the baby and all we need to move back closer to her (read be closer than 1400 miles)... As much as I love her... sometimes she says things that make me go "huh"
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My MIL has not only invited herself to be shoulder to shoulder with the doctor as LO is born, but wants to come stay with us in our tiny 800 square foot apartment for "a while" to make sure that everything "goes okay." Confused

Thank you, but no thank you!

"I wanted you more than you'll ever know, so I sent love to follow wherever you go."

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

image Follow Me on Pinterest

Ginny DX 21-Hydroxylase Deficiency Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia

Charlie DX Specific Antibody Deficiency & ASD

• Options

So she just called back and asked if I wanted to go to BRU and pick out my gift lol. 

• Options
    imageOhSewCrafty:

My MIL has not only invited herself to be shoulder to shoulder with the doctor as LO is born, but wants to come stay with us in our tiny 800 square foot apartment for "a while" to make sure that everything "goes okay." Confused

Thank you, but no thank you!

We haven't told either of our mothers yet, but they will not be in the delivery room with us. Just me and my hubby, thanks. However, my MIL just called last night to say that "southwest has AMAZING deals on airfare so I'm going to book a flight and come stay with you guys for a week in January... If that's ok with you..." Yeah, like I can say "no" and things will be ok. So she'll be staying with us in our itty, bitty living space (about 650 sq. ft... maybe), for a week. 

Then, I couldn't sleep last night because I was like, "OMG, she's coming to stay FOR A WEEK!!!" But I kept telling myself I couldn't say no, especially since my mom is staying for about a week right after the baby is born. But come on, that's my mom, it's different. However, DH will be working A LOT by that time and won't be home much so maybe it will be nice to have someone here so I can take a shower... or *gasp* a nap! :)

It's amazing what people think when there's a baby in the picture.  

• Options
    My mom would do exactly that! Seriously, that or she would go into her basement, and find random new towels (or something similarly not baby-shower related) and wrap those.
    Mum to W (4) and M (nearly 2)
  • Options

my mother has been an emotional roller coaster since the beggining of this pregnancy.  She cried when I told her , she cried at the baby shower and she gets teary eyes when we talk about him. I do understand though, she has been waiting a looong for me to have a baby.  But she makes me think she a little looney. :)

I told her if she wants to be in the delivery room, she has to pull herself together.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"