Washington Babies
Options

Favorite lullabies?

We currently sing Billy Joel's Lullaby.  Isaac LOVES it... puts him out.  Problem is, we sing it every nap, nighttime, sometimes 2-3 times through... momma is sick of it.  

What are your favorites? 

I'm going to make an AWESOME big brother.

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Favorite lullabies?

• Options

This is a great post 'cause Liam has started "demanding" variety in my lullabies and I'm really bad at remembering songs.  I don't really know any lullabies so I sing whatever I can think of:  Twinkle Twinkle, Rock-a-bye baby, London Bridge, Wheels on the Bus, Itsy-bitsy spider, I'm a little tea pot...can you tell I'm getting desperate here?!   Yesterday I pulled out "Silent night" ...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not a big singer. I tend to hum what ever tune is stuck in my head or we make up random words to tunes. I do however like Hush little baby (not sure if that's the actual name but it's the one about mama buying stuff Music )
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Fr?re Jacques, Twinkle Twinkle and Hush Little Baby (where I make up verses)

The Hush Little Baby with made up verses started when she was really little as a way to sooth her while helping me stay awake.

• Options

Austin Lullabye's By Erin Ivey. Free downloads of just 3 songs. "I'm Gonna Rock You Nice and Slow" is my fav of the 3 followed by "The Dreamy Side of the Moon."

https://www.last.fm/music/Erin+Ivey

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

There was a post about this on the national board not too long ago and I saved it because it gave me ideas too.

https://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/42179574/ShowThread.aspx#42179574 

Plus I sing her a lot of Cat Stevens (I love my Dog, Portabello Road, The Wind) and The Beatles

• Options
    Thanks, all!

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I started humming every morning in the shower when I was pregnant, once I knew he could hear me. It was around Christmas at that time and the one that's really stuck with me is Greensleeves. Anytime I hum it now, you can visably see him relax! It's our rocking-to-sleep go to song for sure. He also likes Sam Cooke's "You Send Me" and Frank Sinatra's "Fly Me to the Moon." Unconventional, but if sung in the right tone of voice they work perfectly, and they're songs I love to sing as well. Win win!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Dh has a list of favs he sings to the kids; Sleep, sleep (that's what they call it) by U2 Billy Joel's lullaby Molly Malone ( an Irish lullaby)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Snuggle puppy by Sandra Boynton is my favorite to sing to him.   But I will usually just sing whatever sing is currently stuck in my head and just change some of the words to Holden and Mommy =)

Well, I have a thing to tell you,
    and it won't take long:
    The way I feel about you
    is a kind of a song.
    It starts with an OOO,
    and ends with a kiss,
    and all along the middle,
    it goes something like this---

It goes:
    OOO, Snuggle Puppy of mine!
    Everything about you
    is especially fine.
    I love what you are.
    I love what you do.
    Fuzzy little Snuggle Puppy,
    I love you.

I say,
    OOO, Snuggle Puppy of mine!
    Everything about you
    is especially fine.
    I love what you are.
    I love what you do.
    OOOOO! I love you. (kiss)

Well, I wanted just to tell you,
    and it didn't take long:
    The way I feel about you
    is a kind of a song.
    I started with OOO,
    I gave you a kiss.
    I hope you liked the middle.
    Now we'll end like this:
    (BIG SMOOCH!!)

You can listen to it here https://www.sandraboynton.com/sboynton/boyntonmusic.html 

Its on the Philadelphia Chickens album =)

imageimageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image . Ice Ice Binky Formerly FutureMrsLynch
  • Options
    Love it, Lynchie!

Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"