Orange County Babies
Options

Amnio?

Has anyone done one? Wondering if it hurt, if you had any complications and how long the process took. Thanks! 

Re: Amnio?

• Options

I had one done with my first child and yes it hurt.  I didn't have any complications from it and everything came back normal.  They do an ultrasound at the same time to make sure they aren't inserting it where the baby is.  I'd say it took about 30 minutes, but it all depends on how your baby cooperates.  Good luck and it's well worth it.

• Options

I had 2 and I'm not going to lie, it hurt.  The second one hurt more then the first, so I think it depends on the position of the baby and how much room they have to work with.  I had both at the end of my pregnancy (they needed to do a lung test to see if I could deliver early at 38 weeks), so I had one at 37.5 weeks and 39 weeks.  Like I said, the 37.5 one hurt, but it wasnt that bad.  Plus it super quick.  I think the painful part was all of 3-4 minutes.  They work pretty fast.  I didnt have any complications, but they send you to fetal diagnostics (at least they did here at Hoag) immediately after to make sure everything is okay for about a hour.  I was able to go about my business the next day.  Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had one at 36w1d to check for lung maturity.  It wasn't pleasant but it wasn't that bad.  It's over in a minute.  They sent me to antenatal afterward for an NST to monitor the girls' heartrates and my contractions and I was told to take it easy the rest of the day.

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"