D.C. Area Babies

Putting DD into daycare for the first time on Monday and am totally anxious

DD has been in a nanny share since she was 4 months old (she's 13.5 months now), but the share fell apart, so she's going into a daycare center for the first time on Monday. I know she'll probably adapt pretty well, but I am sort of a mess about it. I can't do a transition because I just started a new job, so can't take time off. I already predict there will be lots of tears on Monday (mine, of course).

I also have a lot of guilt because, despite our best efforts to help her, the nanny hasn't been able to find a new job. Ugh.

Someone please tell me something to make me feel better!

Re: Putting DD into daycare for the first time on Monday and am totally anxious

• Your DD will be fine - just think of all the social interaction and activities she'll get through daycare! And you only have to get through work on Monday to see you've both survived! I often find the dread of an event worse than actually getting it over with.

And you've done the best you could for your former nanny. Your referral will help get her placed! Hang in there!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • C didn't start daycare until he was that age either. He did totally fine. He had met the DCP twice before and DH said that when they arrived, C when right up to her with his arms out to be picked up. He comes home exhausted and happy from all the activity with his new friends.

That stinks about your nanny, but there's only so much you can do. 

The DC Nest. Winers welcome.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageDCtoLowcountry:

Your DD will be fine - just think of all the social interaction and activities she'll get through daycare!

Ditto this. When I first put DD in daycare, I felt so guilty. However, she is totally thriving there. She loves her teachers, the other kids, and the activities they do. In fact, every morning after breakfast she starts telling us "bye bye" as in "It's time to go to daycare". I know that it's always worrisome as a parent when we make these transitions but I'm sure she will adjust just fine. ::hugs::

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We can start a support group on Monday. :)

DS will also be in his first day of preschool.  My mom and MIL have watched him for the past two years, but now that they're watching  DD, it's too much.

While I know I am going to be a mess, I also know he is going to have a great time playing and learning with the other kids.

Hang in there!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagevtkendra:
    In fact, every morning after breakfast she starts telling us "bye bye" as in "It's time to go to daycare".

Ha! J has started doing the same thing lately. Thanks a lot, kid!

I think all the pp's gave you good advice. As for actually getting through the day, just remember that you can call. A LOT. They don't mind if you call to see how she's doing, did she eat, how was her nap, what is she doing right this second does she miss me? 

And then have extra snuggle time when you get home. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2: BFP 12/17/11, m/c 1/7/12 and D&C 1/12/12

baby blog/cooking blog
    Follow Me on Pinterest

• She'll do great! I'm sure she will love the other kids and all the activities. DS went through about 2 weeks where he cried when he LEFT daycare in the afternoons. That was traumatizing for me, but I tried telling myself it was a good thing, since he liked the people he was with so much!

Good luck on Monday! Sending good thoughts your way!

Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • My DS starts part-time daycare on Monday too, I'm a bit freaked. The daycare routine is so different then ours, I hope he adjusts ok. We are going to follow their schedule this weekend and hopefully that will help. Good luck!
  • You'll do great!  Kiddo will do great!  Allow yourself some time to adjust - it will get easier!  Hugs to you!!!
    Wife, Musician, Fed, WW-er, and Mom of three little kids - not necessarily in that order.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"