Cincinnati Babies

NBR: TMJ?

Is anyone being treated for TMJ?  If so, what are they doing for you/did for you and who is your dentist/doctor that is treating you?  Mine is bad, and my mouthguard came from my dentist in Seattle... I think it needs an adjustment at the very least, but I don't know who to see.  Thanks!

Welcome to the world Finley Michael - born 2/13/2010 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers pregnancy
Baby Sister is coming soon!

Re: NBR: TMJ?

• I've had TMJ issues for several years, but experienced a major flare-up last summer which was attributed to post-partum stress...go figure!  I saw a physical therapist a few times who helped loosen the muscles around my jaw.  She also did some sort of electro-therapy which helped increase blood flow (I think) to the area.  My dentist fitted me for a nightguard and that has helped a ton since most of my problem is from clenching my teeth at while I sleep.

Hope you get some relief! I know it's not fun at all!

~Amanda
    Mom to Lily Gayle 4.25.06 Charlotte Kathleen 3.27.09 Samuel Thomas ~8.4.12~
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • i have it too. i have had it for years but it was undiagnosed. it was correctly diagnosed during wedding planning from my ear, nose and throat doc. i got a night guard from the dentist and that has helped a lot. i do get flare ups and it tends to hurt when i eat certain things. i  noticed it was hurting last night while driving home actually. i must have had too many chips! LOL! i have iced it when it was really bad but never done any physical therapy or anything like that. i am a nighttime grinder and a clencher when nervous.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have extremely bad TMJ. My jaw pops 8 times when opening. I'm awaiting 2 jaw surgeries (waiting on the insurance company to approve them). I actually am going to have my jaw broken and reset. I wear a nightguard at night to help with the grinding and clenching. This is my 3rd guard in 2yrs, I keep grinding through them. I see Dr. Gary LaMond in Milford for my dentist, and Dr. Lange in Montgomery for orthodontics. I cannot say enough about both of them, they are fabulous! I highly recommend both of them. Let me know if you have anymore questions! Good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"