Multiples
Options

pack n' plays and random question

I know it has been a few days since someone asked about pack n' plays so I couldnt find it going back through. I am just updating my registry since my shower is next weekend and I am stuck on the Pack n' play. Is there one made for 2 with 2 little bed things or am I going to have to get creative? I hate how expensive bedding sets and after my post last week about comforters not being needed, etc. did any  of you mixed and matched skirt, sheets, curtains or make your own?
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: pack n' plays and random question

• Options

Graco makes a playard with two bassinets on top.

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3671945

I am not planning on getting a bedding set.  A friend is making me curtains and a bedskirt to match the sheets and lamp I chose.

:) Have fun at your shower!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

There is a PNP made for twins. Its basically a regular PNP with two bassinets on top. I didn't get it since the twin use would be for such a short time. We travel so we knew we would need two separate PNPs for that, plus I wanted one for each level of the house while they were newborns. We bought two of these from Walmart for our DDs - a simple, basic no frills PNP that we love!

We bought a bedding set. The comforters are being used as wall hangings now and they can use them when they are in their toddler beds. I found the Geenny brand is pretty inexpensive for all the pieces it includes and a good quality for the price. We have this one, but there are other cute ones if you search -

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dbaby-products&field-keywords=GEENNY+bedding&x=0&y=0

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is a naive question, but I've never even seen a pack-n-play in real life yet. But I registered for the twins version....how big are they really? Can you not put both babies in them for any play time? Or are they really only used as a 'crib' when you travel, which means you'd definitely want two? 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have the twin one. I didn't use the bassinet for very long, but now I use it as a play pen. It is much bigger than a regular pack and play. I put their play gym in there sometimes and they fit comfortably. It is good for when I want to keep them off the floor and away from our overly friendly labrador.
  • Options

We ended up registering for two PNPs, each with a bassinet, because they are the same price as the twin PNP.  We figured we'd get more use out of the two singles since we can use them for traveling, etc. later.  Plus, we're going to use them in our bedroom for them to sleep in when they come home from the hospital so we don't have to have the additional expense of bassinets.

I didn't get crib sets.  They can't use half that stuff anyway.  I found two cute crib skirts on clearance for $5 each.  I'm going to use a bed sheet that pulls from the colors in the crib skirt and be done with it.   I bought a neutral brown curtain that pulls from the colors in the crib skirt.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

so far I've purchased 1 PNP, if we need another after the twins get here I will get another. But I want to see how much I use it and how much I use it for both babies before I decide. 

We got the chicco 3-in-1, so it has the bassinet, the activity mat and the actual PNP. If I'm only needing a second one for them to sleep in when we travel then I'll probably cheap out on the second and just get one of the versions that is a PNP only.

As for the bedding question, I'm a decor addict so I had fun doing their room. I didn't think that their bedding was too expensive. We could have skipped bumpers - they're more for me than them right now anyway. Their sheets were $24 each (on sale) from serena and lily, I've seen sheets as low as $7 at Target, BRU, BBB. And we had custom skirts made from Javis Davis (an online company) which were $105 (no tax b/c I'm in NY and free shipping) and we had them in a week. I've seen skirts for $20 or less at Target, BRU, BBB too.

For their curtains I bought the cameron cotton drapes ($29/panel) from Pottery Barn, broke out my sewing machine, hemmed them, added some pleating and a grosgrain ribbon trim. They look custom but cost me $140 for four panels, the ribbon and the thread. 

I think total I spent about $500 bedding for both babies, that includes two bumpers, 5 crib sheets and 2 custom crib skirts, but I didn't buy dressers for them (I had some in other rooms that I was able to move/repurpose) so for me it all shook out in the end. 

I think it depends on what's important to you and where you want to spend your money. 

• Options

I have 2 regular PNPs and they get used every day. I have a 2-story home and there was no way I was going to carry twins up and down the stairs for all their naps. So they each nap in a PNP during the day. We had them together in 1 in the bassinet part until they exceeded the weight limit. I'll use them later when they need to be "jailed" in a safe play time area.

My one piece of advice on PNPs is that if you're even moderately tall or have back problems, get one of the PNPs with the elevated changing table. I cheaped out and got 2 with a lower changing table and regretted it immediately after using someone else's that had the higher changer. I took back my 2nd PNP to get an elevated one. It's so much better on my back. And the bonus of getting an elevated changer is that they usually have a button on the side that allows you to flip them up when you're not using it. So if you're using the bassinet for 2 babies, one doesn't have to sleep under the changer. You can just flip it up! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"