Multiples
Options

Different percentiles, should I be concerned?

DS is measuring 50th percentile on everything, head, weight, height so I'm perfectly fine with it. DD is measuring 25th on head, 50th on weight and 90th on height. Should I be concerned that she is in 3 different percentiles?? Or is it OK since she is still 'on the charts'?
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Re: Different percentiles, should I be concerned?

• Options
    I'm sorry I don't have an answer to your question.....  I just had to post and tell you how adorable your babies are!!  that picture is sooooo cute!!
    BFP 4/22/09, Missed M/C on 6/9, D & C on 6/11 @ 11wks- trisomy 16 BFP 11/19/09 -CP 11/23/09 BFP 1/16/2010- m/c 1/29/2010, low progesterone BFP 6/13/2010 = twins!!! Lilypie First Birthday tickers</a
  • Options

imageMrsH42608:
    I'm sorry I don't have an answer to your question.....  I just had to post and tell you how adorable your babies are!!  that picture is sooooo cute!!

Thank you!! I agree, but am pretty biased ;-) They're just discovering their hands now and it's all I can do to keep them out of their faces!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's fine.  So long as they show groth in all 3 areas in a consistent manner then the doctors are happy.  My son is all over the board and always has been but doctor tells me as long as he keeps showing growth that's HIS normal.  At his last check up 18 months he was 7% weight, 43% height and his head has been off the charts since about 6 months old, he has a big head!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imageChickandtaco:
    It's fine.  So long as they show groth in all 3 areas in a consistent manner then the doctors are happy.  My son is all over the board and always has been but doctor tells me as long as he keeps showing growth that's HIS normal.  At his last check up 18 months he was 7% weight, 43% height and his head has been off the charts since about 6 months old, he has a big head!

Thank you!!! I keep telling myself, they were almost a month early also... She looks perfect to me :)

• Options

I agree with Chickandtaco - as long as they're staying relatively on their curves, that's what the docs are looking for.

Also know, too, that even as infants the growth curves are different for boys and girls.  So if their stats and percentiles are different, that's ok too.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    DS1 has always been all over the place.  No worries.
  • Options
    imageSoldiersGreenBean:

I agree with Chickandtaco - as long as they're staying relatively on their curves, that's what the docs are looking for.

Also know, too, that even as infants the growth curves are different for boys and girls.  So if their stats and percentiles are different, that's ok too.

Yep, ditto this as well.

My boys' growth curves have changed over time; they gained so rapidly the first few months. Will has always been about 50th for height and 11th-30th for HC but in weight he's been all over the place from 17th (birth) to 90th (3m) but leveled off by about 12m and has been around 25th for weight since then. Alex has always been around 70th for height and 40th for HC. Weight-wise he was chunkier than Will for a long time but now has leveled off around 40th for weight, so it looks like they'll be leaner kids with small heads. ;)

fraternal twin boys born january 2009
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"