Georgia Babies

Where to find kosher gelatin?

I've read that kosher gelatin is often vegetarian so I want to get some to make marshmallows. However the quantities I find online is way more than I need.

Re: Where to find kosher gelatin?

• kegkeg member
    Both the Kroger and Publix in Toco Hills (N Druid Hills and Lavista Rds) have decent sized kosher sections so you might try there (I think Kroger has more). 
    2004-Started TTC; Nov 2007-Lap with endo removed; Jan 2008-Ectopic (mtx); April 2008-IVF #1 (bfp, twin girls); March 2011-FET (cp); June 2012-IVF #2 (bfp, singleton, EDD 3-19-12)

***Twin fraternal girls born at 35w6d in 12/2008***

• Do you want it to be actually Kosher, or just vegetarian? I got regular gelatin at whole foods (although I'm sure that u can get unflavored gelatin at any store). We keep kosher in our home, but not so strict that everything has to be marked kosher (except meat/chicken) - just has to not contain ingredients we don't eat. If you buy it in the kosher section it will likely be 2x the price.

PS I got it to use as an egg substitute in lactation bars....worked amazingly well!

The Knot won't share my Bump Siggy, so here's the low-down: 4/27/07 - Got engaged! 8/31/08 - Got married (to my best friend)! 12/30/08 - Got Pregnant! 9/3/09 - Welcome to the world, Elias Solomon! 8/16/10 - Got Pregnant, again! 5/14/11 - Welcome to the world, Talia Hadassah! 1/14/12 - Ready or not, here comes #3 (EDD 9/27/12)
  • Loading the player...
  • If it's kosher than I think it's automatically vegetarian. I don't mind spending a little more because I'm sure it will save me money in the long term. Vegan marshmallows cost about $5 for a tiny package.
  • Everything I buy is marked kosher and I'm positive you can find this at whole foods. They also have kosher marshmallows we buy them they are very pricey though
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"